Sherman Head

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Sherman Head
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Elenbaas - Granger, Washington on Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 10:14 pm:

What can you tell me about the aluminum Sherman head advertised in the recent Vintage Ford.
Who is making it? Cost? Compression ratio?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 10:55 pm:

You could contact the seller maybe they have the info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Williams on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 06:42 am:

There is an original for sale in southern Oregon .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 03:52 pm:

I E-mailed Ben when I saw the add. The heads are cast from the original patterns in high quality 356 T6 aluminum, machined and sealed. They use 14 mm plugs and have a compression ratio of 8-1. They are $750 and that includes a set of grade 8 bolts and special washers and includes shipping and insurance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 03:52 pm:

Ben Serar is making them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 03:55 pm:

Tim tell me about the original, where is it listed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Williams on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 01:01 am:

Dave Williams near grants pass Oregon. Go to scvmtfc.org then look in classified section.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 08:54 am:

I wonder about the life span of a Model T at 8 to 1 compression? Bud in Wheeler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 09:30 am:

Those who hot rod bangers claims 6:1 is the practical limit for mostly std Model A engines - over that and it's time for inserts, pressure oiling and serious money.. but they tend to go higher in rpms than Model T speedsters so maybe a Texas T high volume oiler and keeping under 2000 rpm can help a Model T hold together with higher compression?

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=861292&page=4&highlight=2014 +banger

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 09:51 am:

I just wonder how legit that 8:1 really is. The newer Prus head was supposed to be something like 8:1 and it's really more like 5.xx:1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 10:07 am:

The new Sherman has a much higher compression than the Prus head, in this thread Les Schubert posted the volume of his new Sherman head: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/398771.html?1383490071

125 cc compared to the 210cc I measured in my Prus head.

Old Shermans came in different flavours I've heard. Les has an old one with compression more like the Prus head.
I'm on a strict T budget so I'll have to wait, maybe there's a Sherman in my future :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration