Yard Art...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Yard Art...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 08:51 am:

Found this on CL Memphis, Tenn. I am not associated with this sale.

http://memphis.craigslist.org/cto/4334910638.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 09:00 am:

Well at least its painted to keep it from rusting so it will last a little longer.
Still good enough to restore! Neat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 09:55 am:

I remember reading about the guy building that on ol skool rodz website a few years ago. I told him that was plenty for a project and at least he didnt scrap it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 12:27 pm:

The cowl is 24-25 coupe or sedan and the hood and fenders match those years. Wheels are 21" and may be Model A. Hope it finds a nice home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 02:25 pm:

I used to build these up out of my very very very bad parts. I would sell them for yard art for people to put in there gardens or for store props. I was getting about 1000.00 to 1500.00 each for them. I know that sounds like a lot of money but the people using them thought it was cheap. I can not tell for sure but this may be one I built years ago. (may just look like one I did). One trademark of mine is the slat style deck to set flower pots on or store items. I never painted most of them. I always used model A wheels that had model T hubs welded in them. Rear axles that had been full of water for ever. Front axles that had been welded shut from trailer use, burnt T parts, ect. I have mentioned this several times as a way to use your scrap condition parts instead of selling them for scrap. I do not use anything that is rebuildable. I can put one together in a few days of part time work. I have enough stuff to do a couple more and Im always taking other peoples throwaways. I have paid for 2 nice running cars with the projects .... and a very little bit of labor.... It looks like this one has found itself a good home ......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 11:52 pm:

There is a market for bolt together shells of Model Ts like that for setting in front of theme restaurants. My dad had built a couple of them. He leaves them dented and rusty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 12:08 am:

If I set anything like that in my front yard, either my Homeowners Association would fine me, or my wife would divorce me, or both!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 09:02 am:

I wouldn't mind having it in my back yard but, it would have to be painted black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 09:14 am:

I will be doing something similar, but probably with a TT chassis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 11:50 am:

Years ago there was an entrepreneur here in California who made up similar cars from what others thought scrap. He would put them in the briar patch just visible from the county road and reluctantly sell to discoverers who were rescuing them from oblivion! Made good money at it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration