ACCESSORY OF THE DAY - 02/23/2014 - TUNGSTEN TIMER

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY - 02/23/2014 - TUNGSTEN TIMER
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 10:42 am:

This timer is very similar to the Duntley timer I posted yesterday under accessory of the day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 12:00 pm:

It sure is nice to see the pictures of the rotors with these timers. I have a couple I might be able to make work now that I know what all the parts look like.

Are there any timers you don't have Jay? ;0;|

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 04:12 pm:

This is the same patent number assigned to the Duntley Timer in the yesterday “Accessory Of The Day” post.

Here is a 1919 article announcing it . . .
(note that Duntley claims credit for the invention)

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 01:54 am:

I had one on my 1917 Touring. I bought it at the Long Beach Swap meet and as missing the rotor. I made a suitable rotor which worked great. The timer was absolutely reliable, the design separates the contact function from the rotating motion, just superb.
The car is now sold and I understand it moved to England.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 05:51 am:

I wonder how thy could claim "No oil is required" since there are so many moving parts? The four rollers would need some oil, I'd think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 05:54 am:

Ok, read the longer text now, rollers were made out of fiber material, so they should have lasted longer than steel rollers without oil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 08:04 am:

It sure looks like it might do better at higher speeds. Where an Anderson timer the flapper has to spring back after each contact, the "flappers" here would only be moving 1/4 as often. It'd be really cool to reproduce one and see how it runs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 09:49 pm:

Here's the rotor I missed posting above which will also work for the Duntley timer.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration