OT What are these two parts ....?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT What are these two parts ....?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 01:54 pm:

I have these two parts that I would like to list on e-bay and get a little more Chickasha money. But I do not know what they fit. With the wealth of knowledge that is here I hope someone knows... Thanks ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 01:55 pm:

parts?parts 2 ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 01:58 pm:

I thought at one time the headlight stands may be mid 30s era Chevy Pickup. I also thought the tailight stand may be mid 30s chevy car ...???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 04:37 pm:

The tail-light itself is one used by Chevrolet pickups and large trucks from some time in the mid '30s up until at least 1954. The bracket it is attached to does not look like a '50s version and should narrow it down to before 1949 at least.
You may be right about it being mid to late '30s Chevrolet. They may also have used the lamp on cars, I don't know.
Good luck!
Now if only someone that really knows will answer.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 05:44 am:

The tail light on the left is for a 1937/38 Chevrolet coupe or touring sedan. In the 80's I had a '38 Chevy Master Coach w/o trunk. It was different - the bracket was mounted on the fender on that model. The tail light itself was used on later Chevrolet pickups well into the 50's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 06:51 am:

Ok, it was more than 20 years ago I wisened up and sold the '38 Chxxy - looked at a picture of one & saw the lh tail light was fastened to the body on the Coach model too, just a different shape of the foot from the one above. Maybe the coupe/convertible and Touring Sedan versions differed too?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 09:44 am:

Could that tailight have been used on the screen side vegetable truck for 39-46?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 10:37 pm:

Sounds like 37 38 Chevy may be enough to list it with. I always state that Im unsure of years and models, unless Im 100% sure. Most people can tell if its what they need from my 12 good photos. Thanks ...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration