Venting ! - Why do sellers bother ??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Venting ! - Why do sellers bother ??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pamela Collinson on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 09:45 pm:

Why do sellers bother to place listings in the classified section, giving an email address as their only contact method and then not reply to emails ??
If their item/s are now sold, it is easy enough to click out a reply - "Sorry sold" isn't it ?

Have we gotten that lazy, or is it some just don't know any better ?

(I've sent the seller 3x emails over 10 days )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 10:27 pm:

Some folks are clueless. When they're clueless enough, we elect them to the legislature.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 10:29 pm:

i agree totally. when shopping on craigs i usually skip the adds with no phone # unless its something really special, and then like you say, most never answer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 10:36 pm:

Which ad? For what?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 11:07 pm:

Sometimes I have had e-mail from forum members end up in my spam file. That wouldn't be so bad if I did not receive about 10 times more spam than real mail. I tend to delete spam without looking at it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 11:24 pm:

I just checked. My numbers were wrong. Today I received 1 legit e-mail and 21 damn spams. If we had real representation at the national level.... well just imagine! Maybe I could have an home phone that was for my use only and not subject phone spam as well. Dream on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 01:34 am:

As long as you are not responding to the $&@** spam or blueberry juice ads. Otherwise, what Paul K said.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 01:35 am:

Sorry, I meant Paul M!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 01:44 pm:

This is like not answering their cell phones, email on their computer or I-pad or whatever.

People have all types of communication this and that and still dont answer! More than a few people are like this. But they will put their whole life story on facebook for the world to read! Go figure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 03:06 pm:

Here's one of my pet peeves. A guy places a Parts Wanted ad in the classifieds. I take the time to take a bunch of photos, then email an offer stating what I have, the condition, the price and attach the photos. Most times don't hear a word back. Anymore, I just don't bother.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 05:56 pm:

People can have medical problems come up ... family emergencies ...natural disasters. One eBay seller was non-responsive to my emails for weeks after I was high bidder on an item. Turns out the husband finally answered, apologizing as his wife (the seller) had ended up in hospital unexpectedly. 10 days may seem like forever when yer after something but patience may reward you Pamela. I did get my eBay item eventually and left them positive feedback and praise.

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pamela Collinson on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 05:25 am:

The thing is it was a bulky and heavy item and quite far away. Shipping costs will $ 100s but I have a contact with a container of freight leaving that area very soon and I can get it in for squat! Once the shipment leaves, that's it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration