What is this Pre-T Car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: What is this Pre-T Car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 09:25 pm:

This a pic of my great, great aunt and uncle. The original pic burned in a house fire, so, this is the highest resolution I can get. It was only 205kb before I resized it to post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 09:26 pm:

I think it is a Maxwell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 09:26 pm:

It's a Maxwell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 09:39 pm:

year?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 10:58 pm:

It's one of the following:

Model A = 1909

Model AA = 1910

Model AB = 1911

The above were basically the same car. A real Maxwell expert may be able to pinpoint the year of the car in the photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 11:32 pm:

It's a 1910 two cylinder Maxwell. The model AA had 4" cylinders and the AB were 4-1/2" cylinders. My Dad and Uncle restored both models. Except for the cylinder/bore size, the cars were the same. Obvious, the AB was more in demand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 07:01 am:

Thanks guys.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration