OT - Bogus CC charges

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - Bogus CC charges
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 10:52 pm:

Just received an email from Mastercard for suspicious activity on wifey's CC. I logged on, and they had flagged an $854 charge for travel. I reported it as bogus while wifey was on a fone call. After she hanged up, I ribbed her about tickets to Hawaii, and she said, "No. It's tickets to Bahamas. It was a secret."

Oops.

Snorkeling we go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 12:16 am:

That's a good one! My wife enjoyed it also.
We were just notified last week that our MasterCard was compromised and cancelled. They quickly issued us a new card.

For those of us that use a credit card for automatic payment of utility bills....it is a pain in the XXX getting everything changed over to the new credit card no.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 12:44 am:

Yep... I would bet that I have not shopped at Target in about 10 years but a friend told me that they had something I was looking for. A couple of weeks later the bank cancelled my CC while I was on the road on business. Not fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 02:49 pm:

Prob goes without saying, just be sure to never log in to your account through the link offered in the suspicious email. Always close the browser completely and open a new one before logging into any financial website.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 02:55 pm:

Ralph,

A co-worker of mine found what he thought was a bogus charge on his credit card, $3000 to an attorney. He mentioned it to his wife who casually said, "Oh, no that's legitimate, I'm filing for a divorce."

Enjoy the Bahamas Ralph.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 04:01 pm:

I had a similar thing happen to me. CC company called questioning a charge to a company I didn't know. I didn't do it and from the time stamp they told me, I was 100% certain that it wasn't my wife. Turns out the time stamp was from a time zone that was neither mine or the seller's, the charge was legit, and it was a birthday present for me. Oh well!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 04:12 pm:

stuck your foot in it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 08:20 pm:

I have been impressed with the Credit card company.
They seem to be watching out for us and them.
I was in Amarillo Texas at a gas station and my card bounced. I called the number on the back and they would only talk to my wife. It was her card. I called her in Tucson Arizona and she took care of it. It turned out that we were both doing a transaction around the same time and it rang a bell. We were in the process of moving from the ice box to the furnace and I was going back and forth with my flat bed trailer. I always carry enough cash to make it there and back so it was no problem, The card worked at the next gas station.
Rick your wife is a sweet heart.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration