OT - Cancer, good news

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - Cancer, good news
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 02:07 am:

Tried to find this with the search function, but I couldn't make it work. I posted this on Feb. 7 about my 32 year old daughter that was diagnosed with Vaginal cancer recently.
Update. We just got back from the doctor today, there is very good news. He got all of the cancer and she won't have to have chemo or anything. Needless to say, there is a huge weight lifted off of our shoulders. Many thanks to all of you for all of the thoughts and prayers. You have no idea how much it has meant to us. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan Mason on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 02:27 am:

Dave,

That is fantastic news! Not having to go through Chemo or radiation is a huge blessing. Praise God!

Evan Mason

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 02:40 am:

Wonderful news! Thank you for sharing it with us. I, and I am sure others, have been wondering, afraid to ask. When I came in onto the forum this time, The topic heading was the first thing that caught my eye. I opened it, saying to myself "Oh, I hope----"
So glad to see good news!
Keep up the fight. She will still need encouragement and time to heal. However, you all should be past the worst of it.
Wonderful!
Drive carefully, and enjoy,
w2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 04:29 am:

Great news David! we will continue to keep her in our prayers. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 07:23 am:

That is indeed fantastic news. Thank you for updating us!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 08:05 am:

David,Great news!!Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 08:38 am:

David, From one "survivor" to another, tell your daughter "welcome to the club". We hate having new members knowing what a struggle cancer can be. But, we are sure pleased to add to our numbers folks who are pursuing life as usual once they have fought the stuff and come out on top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 08:43 am:

Absolutely great! I say a prayer for anybody I hear of needing it! Did for her, and obviously all our prayers helped! We'll keep praying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 12:19 pm:

Thanks for sharing and the update, It's heart warming to hear these success stories.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 01:08 pm:

Glad to hear of the blessing. Praise the Lord!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael R Beary on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 01:24 pm:

Great news! I had 35 treatments of Radiation plus the Chemo treatments in 2005. It is a miserable time. Better than the do nothing option! Now, I have the T disease. Good luck to your daughter. Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 02:47 pm:

Oh man that is good to hear. Right on, David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 03:50 pm:

Before radiation i would have never worn Bib's but now it;s practually all i wear! I even have my [Formal wear bib's] for weddings and such! Bud in Wheeler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 05:21 pm:

Great news!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 08:13 pm:

Yea! What great news! Thank you for sharing it with us.

God Bless,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 08:30 pm:

David,
We're very happy for your daughter, you and your family. Thank you for sharing with us,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 01:22 am:

Guys, thanks again for all of your thoughts, prayers and kind words. It all means so much to us. She goes back in six months to see about getting a hysterectomy, it is cancer related, but is not related to this and will be minor(if there is such a thing) to this ordeal. As I said before, make sure all of the women in your life get checked out regularly. As far as that goes, all of us guys too. I have some Agent Orange issues, but so far no cancer has shown up. Dave

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration