Enclosed Car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Enclosed Car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Smith on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 01:08 pm:

I am looking for a cleaner that will be best to clean the upholstery on a enclosed car. I have aftermarket but orginal pattern wool type.

Reason for cleaning, I installed the kit in the '24 Coupe about 8 years now and starting to get dirty and got some grease spots from doing repairs and maintenance.

Thanks,
Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 04:36 pm:

Hello Tom,

I am not sure how to advise you regarding cleaning your upholstery, but here is a cover we made for our Fordor front seat. It has helped protect our upholstery for about 25 years. It is a copy of what the Ford Dealers used back in the era, and found in the Service Bulletins for June 1923.
Regards, John

Here is a link to a previous discussion.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/299163.html?1342144396

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 04:49 pm:

The best spot remover I've found is K2r:

http://www.deerso.com/product/d11303/k2r-spot-lifter?utm_source=google_shopping& utm_medium=goog_shopping_click&utm_campaign=ppc&gclid=CKOg1b6g6LwCFUhp7Aod2AMAoA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlesHebert on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 05:28 pm:

Tuff Stuff...takes out the spots, grease, oil etc. Can buy it at WalMart

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Holcomb, Watertown WI on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 06:07 pm:

Please don't crucify me!
I have wool in my '24 coupe from Classtique.
I got a nasty grease spot on my seat cushion.
I took it to my mother and she mixed up some oxyclean powder and water and used a toothbrush and a damp cloth.
The stain is gone and you can't see where it was.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 07:25 pm:

As Steve said, K2r works well, altho recently I've found it appears to not work as well..."watered down" maybe, to increase profits? Also, we get this stuff called "Spot-Shot"-I believe it's in a blue/orange aerosol can, and I think the wife even gets it at the dollar store, and IT WORKS! And, get this...also at the dollar store, she gets this spray stuff called "Totally Awesome-Carpet-Spot and Stain remover". It's in an orange spray bottle, and it too works unbelievably! And for only a buck! Steve, you'll like that!!! LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 02:44 am:

For grease spots I have used Fast Orange hand cleaner made by Permatex without pumice. It has no petroleum solvents. It worked great for me. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 02:58 am:

My '25 coupe has an old aftermarket interior probably installed in the early 60's. It used to be grey(I found that out when I moved the rearview mirror over toward center where it should have been) but is now a light shade of tan, maybe from cigarette smoke, I don't know. Steve Jelf has seen it. I am also interested in something to clean it up with. The seat is getting a bit worn, but no tears or rot. No stains as such, just a general discoloring. I thought about carpet cleaner, but I am a bit concerned about the old material. Any thoughts? Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 10:29 am:

For removing grease marks, stains and etc. GO-JO or a another similar hand cleaner works every time.
You can lightly water it down and it cleans wonderfully. If it wont hurt or stain your hands it wont hurt the upholstery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 10:48 am:

Dave, whatever you use I'd try it in a small place that's out of sight. After you've used it and the spot is dry, if it worked and there's no damage you can go ahead with the rest of the job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 09:01 am:

I just found this thread that had some advice that I missed. Guess I didn't follow it long enough. Anyway, thanks Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Micheal Crowe on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 09:28 am:

Denatured Alcohol works very well. Do like Steve says, try a small spot then go to the rest of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 07:54 pm:

How about removing paint spots?
I am hoping that it isnít a two part.
I messed up the door on my pickup and the body shop left some spots.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration