When was the first ford taxicab

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: When was the first ford taxicab
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewitt on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 02:44 pm:

When was the first ford taxi and does anyone have a picture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 09:08 pm:

By taxi,do you mean taxi service or might you be referring to a Towncar that was popular and used by taxi companies.
The Towncar was a production model offered by Ford, that could have been used as a taxi.
There are members on the forum that can tell you the production for Towncars better than I can.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 09:31 pm:

The first taxi(s) I've found are 12 Model B in London:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pk45przpbjl3syk/12%20Model%20B%20Taxis%2012%3A1905.pdf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 09:35 pm:

Seems like there was a pre-T similar to the Landaulet which was referred to in the advertising as a "Taxi." It probably was in one of Rob's posts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 09:36 pm:

Ask and ye shall receive. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 09:41 pm:

Mike,
Great minds ......

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 09:54 pm:

Of course David may (probably) mean Model T? Please ad any early T taxi....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 06:32 am:

I found this early taxi photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 07:40 am:

Well, I don't know Dennis, the earliest Ford taxi I ever saw was a Crown Victoria that arrived at 12:01 am.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 08:44 am:

This was owned by Henrious Fordious in 12 B.C.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration