Anyone near Selma California? (south of Fresno)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Anyone near Selma California? (south of Fresno)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Fusi on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 03:45 pm:

New to Model T Fords and I could use another opinion.
1921 Model TT
Knocking noise coming from of motor. Noise is at all RPM's (I'm not driving it since the noise started)
I removed the fan belt to eliminate that as the cause of the noise.
To me it sounds like a Rod knock but there seems to be a vibration too, so I'm leaning to the front main.
This is a new motor, less than 500 miles.
Hoping for someone close might drop by and share their thoughts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 03:54 pm:

Has it knocked from the beginning? What were you doing when the knock started? Did the engine overheat and then when it cooled off it knocked? Do you know if it is running on all 4 cylinders? A misfire would cause a vibration and possibly sound like a knock. Do you still have a magneto in your engine? Has the vibration happened ever since the engine was rebuilt. Hard to diagnose over a distance. Maybe someone near Selma can come and look at it.

Good luck.
Norm

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration