Inside my coil box

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Inside my coil box
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jamie Holmes on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 08:04 pm:

So I started pulling apart the coil box in my 1915 runabout. When I removed the original wood bottom it had some confetti in it.
No wonder they don't allow it anywhere these days!!

I showed my wife and she insists that I save it and put it back in after the box gets re-painted before the new pieces go back in.
Makes you wonder what these cars have seen in the last 100 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 08:19 pm:

It was probably n a ticker tape parade once?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jamie Holmes on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 08:26 pm:

I was thinking a wedding car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 08:28 pm:

Looks to me like typical pre-16 coilbox paper. Ford did not want to spend the money to get rid of the hole punches in the engineering offices so he disposed of it in the coilboxes or rear seat pan only on Tuesday production days. Authentic paper will have black ink on it and be a little thinner than modern printer paper. I sell reproduction kits for $16.95 plus shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 08:31 pm:

Dan,

Does that include the coilbox & lid? :>)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jamie Holmes on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 08:38 pm:

Dan,

Too funny, but you are pulling my leg, right ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jamie Holmes on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 08:48 pm:

Dan,

According to my engine number my car was built on July 13, 1915 which as it turns out was a Tuesday. Lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 01:25 am:

You guys are TOOO MUCH!!
And I think I fit right in. . . .
Dan, does your kit include the carbon paper punchings that would be in there too??
Oh wait, carbon traces. . . . . .
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 01:52 am:

This reminds me of something. My old buddy for 53 years and mentor gave me an idea a couple of years after he passed. I bought his '25 coupe at his estate sale. A year or so after that, I removed and disassembled the brake light that he had installed to clean it up and replace the bulb. There on the front side of the reflector, opposite of the bulb, he had scratched his name and date when he had installed it. I had no idea that he had done that. I thought that was pretty cool. I did the same when I put it back together. I think more of us should do that when restoring or repairing components for future generations. JHMO. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 03:43 pm:

I am just kidding. However, my offer still stands and I am standing by ready to take orders.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration