Front seal number?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Front seal number?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Robb on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 09:17 pm:

Hi,
Perhaps a year or more ago, there was a thread that had a couple of numbers for modern seals that could be affixed to the front cover for front crankshaft leakage sealing.
I wrote them down and then - as I usually do - I lost them.
Anybody got those numbers?
Thanx,
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 08:55 am:

A search for "modern front seal" revealed these threads:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/343005.html

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/325949.html

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/414507.html

Hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 10:52 am:

I glue that seal to the front of the engine. Only the ID is important.I use 30 mm for the ID.
1392R
1393R
1394R
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 10:57 am:

I glue that seal to the front of the engine. Only the ID is important. I use 30 mm for the ID, and I use the rope seal as well.
1392R
1393R
1394R
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Robb on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 01:34 pm:

That's it!
Thanx a zillion, Guys!
Y'all are the greatest!
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Robb on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 01:41 pm:

That's it!
Thanx a zillion, Guys!
Y'all are the greatest!
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 07:27 pm:

Bob, I always make it more of a daisy by cutting more petals. Make sure you clean all the oil from the front and use Ultra Black or The Right Stuff to glue it to the engine after you carefully fit it to the casting. Also put it on backwards so it fits tight against the block.

You will not have any more leaks there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Robb on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 10:13 pm:

Thanx, Gene.
I'm going hunting for the seal tomorrow, and hope to have it all finished this weekend (rain is predicted!).
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 11:23 pm:

I would like to see a picture of the seal installed using those tabs. When I did one,I embedded it in the opening with silicon. Worked,but this might be easier?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 06:03 pm:

Jack, A problem as I see it is when you want to pull the timing cover off you have to be very careful not to damage to upper half of the seal. That's why I have never recommended it inside. I know some guys do though.

I advise to make your seal look like a daisy with many petals for good grip.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration