Coke-Cola and Ford Delivery Trucks Through the Years

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Coke-Cola and Ford Delivery Trucks Through the Years
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Greenlees on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 07:39 am:

Ford and Coke-Cola have had a long association though the years. You can see photos of a wide variety of their trucks including a pair of "T"'s. See all of them and learn a bit
about the companies history @ http://theoldmotor.com/?p=115486

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 07:57 am:

Now THAT is cool! I love Coke - that divine nectar of the gods.

I'd love to have a Coke delivery T (not like that crazy one that guy wanted $50-$60 K for). That'd be one of the ultimate parade T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 08:11 am:

Seth, I thought the "nectar of the Gods" was mead :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 08:21 am:

It was, and then that blessed Dr. Pemberton invented Coke!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 10:59 am:

Leave it to a pharmacist to develop this nectar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 02:45 pm:

That's because the original formula had coca in it ( cocaine ).

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 04:14 pm:

Imagine my surprise after reading this thread and later driving past the Coca-Cola Amitil bottling plant in Adelaide, South Australia last night and seeing this old girl just sitting in some vacated factory space! A big screech of brakes, and a U-turn to check!

I haven't seen this old girl since she was rescued from a playground in Canberra some 30 odd years ago. My father and I were invited to the CCA workshops to see if we could get her going. We took some good coils and some other minor things. Amazingly she had 4 compressions and started fairly quickly. The bands and tyres were a bit rugged, but I remember driving her around the workshop that night.

I seem to remember it is a 1924 or 1925 TT. Looking through the windows she seems to be in good condition. It looks from a distance that Coke have spent some time and money looking after her. I hope CCA get her registered and keep her where she belongs - on the road!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 04:23 pm:

Great find David. Thanks for posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 04:50 pm:

Coke. Coke?

What this country needs is more Moxie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 05:01 pm:

Coke. Coke?

What this country needs is more Moxie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By william louis rosenthal on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 09:43 pm:

Uh oh Bill....you stutter when you type too!
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By martin cowley on Monday, March 31, 2014 - 07:29 pm:

Hi David Cantrell. Good spotting the Model T (it is 1924) (Feb 26 entry) We recently moved the ol' girl there as part of our plan to give her/it some revitalised TLC. Our aim is to have it return to the local streets this year. It is running but some of the wood work needs attention. We will repair sympathetically. We had some open floor space near the windows so it was intentional to put it in view in case anyone was interested. It will be moved away soon as some intense repairs are carried out. I'll keep you updated.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration