OT - Parts hauling from Temecula, CA thru Salt Lake City, UT to Rhode Island

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - Parts hauling from Temecula, CA thru Salt Lake City, UT to Rhode Island
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 07:57 am:

The last time I was able to get to Southern California was last June ....

I am headed to Rhode Island with room for parts ...

I am leaving Visalia for Temecula, CA today or tomorrow and have a limited amount of room
in my enclosed trailer for parts ....

From Temecula, CA I head up thru Las Vegas, NV
to Salt Lake City, UT and then east along the
I-80 corridor to Rhode Island ....

There are (3) major legs of my trip:

Temecula, CA thru Utah to Ohio & Michigan

@ https://goo.gl/maps/pH53w

Michigan to New Jersey

@ https://goo.gl/maps/ieEhq

New Jersey to Maryland and Rhode Island

@ https://goo.gl/maps/i8T6L

Thanks !

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 10:49 am:

Leaving Visalia 9 a.m. California rime for Temecula ....

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 10:59 am:

Check sigalert.com for expected traffic enroute. 5 to 210 to 71 to 15 should be as good as there is, with the rain. If you have time, you will be passing near Chaffin at 1939 S. Main in Corona.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 11:09 am:

Rick,

Is that where you are at ?

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 12:33 pm:

Surf City is Huntington Beach, a ways from your direct route.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 06:39 pm:

Rick,

If only I had more time and there was not heavy rain moving into Temecula ....

I will stop and say hello on a future trip .... :-)

I will be busy loading in Temecula - then leave for
Las Vegas, NV ahead of bad weather around 7 p.m. CA time ....

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 05:41 am:

March 2nd

I am leaving Evanston, WY and headed east along the I-80 corridor ... :-)

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 08:33 am:

I have done this several times, although I think
I 90 is more direct but it ends in the middle of
the Boston dump and you get deeper getting lost just to get to the other side epecially with a tractor
trailer. Since I chose going thru Penn I80 get
on the Jersey parkway over the Tapazzee Bridge
to I 95 before you know it your in Westerly RI.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 09:16 am:

Well,

I am hauling a vehicle and parts so those drop off locations determine my route(s) ....

The map links are general - sometimes I deviate
because of weather or traffic or construction ... :-)

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 08:56 pm:

March 4th

Leaving Laramie, WY in the morning ....

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 04:00 am:

You don't go all the way to Boston on I90 to get to RI - depending on where you are going in RI you get off around Worcester MA

I80 and i95 thru CT are no-nos at certain times

In the winter I like I80 to the NE extension of the PA turnpike to Binghamton Ny then I 88 to Albany NY then the Mass pike I90

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 03:43 am:

March 5th

I am leaving Cozad, NE around 9 a.m.

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 07:18 pm:

March 6th

Leaving Colfax, IA around 9 a.m.

Jim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration