Its never really an auction without a random old car part.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Its never really an auction without a random old car part.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter C. Strebeck on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 07:46 pm:

I have said this at every auction I have ever been at. You never know where or when that random "old car" part will pop-up. They had an auction to clean out some surplus equipment from the Detroit Public Schools and I had gotten a couple of lots. This was at the bottom of one of the boxes:

wrench

wrench1

I know it is not a "Ford" wrench, but it is close enough for me. This thing was knocking around for a long time in the DPS system.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 08:14 pm:

Nice find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 10:16 am:

Nice, I would rather have the "Stevens" tool than the "Ford" one. "Stevens" is rarer and harder to find. I have never been to a Farm Sale in our part of Arkansas without find a Model T part or tool. Useally out by the barn or shop. I can not remember seeing a piece of horse drawn farm equipment with out some part of a T holding it together or used to fix it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter C. Strebeck on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 01:45 pm:

Bare minimum, its usually a jack or a spark plug wrench. This time I was quite happy with the surprise. It was way at the bottom of a big box attached to a pallet. This was also in the bottom of the box:

steam

The smokestack and the cap for the whistle were missing, but I can order those up no problem.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration