Old Radiator Cap?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Radiator Cap?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Malone on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 08:06 pm:

My buddy found this cap buried in his back yard. It appears to be made out of brass. It is heavy for its size. Only markings are Water on the top. It has an inner metal gasket with a hole it like a radiator cap would have. An old Tractor maybe?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 08:18 pm:

Could be a cap from an old water meter for a house.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 06:30 am:

I'm going to agree with Jack. Looks like the cover for an early water meter that a narrow neck with the indicator dials on it. Cover was replaced to protect the glass enclosing the dials. Does it have any threads on the back?

Just my cents.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 10:16 am:

Actually, I believe it is a radiator cap from a c.1909-10 Rambler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 05:00 pm:

Yup, it's a Rambler cap... wow!

Tell him to dig a little deeper, the whole car might have been under that cap!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 07:53 pm:

Jerry,

There is an old joke in there somewhere.

Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 08:38 pm:

I stand corrected. I learn something new every day. My best guess turned out to be another ignorant one. LOL! Thanks, guys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Malone on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 12:10 am:

1910 Rambler

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Klem on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 12:21 am:

There seems to be a real disconnect between this and a AMC Rambler of 50's or 60's vintage. Although they both probably had "Water" in the radiator :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 01:00 am:

Actually, the Nash Rambler which was introduced in 1950 and ceased to exist as a brand in 1970, is a direct descendant of the car pictured above.

Amazing, but true.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Malone on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 10:13 am:

As soon as the snow melts he is going out to look for the rest of the car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 11:11 am:

Why wait for spring? Do it now.

Old "Winter Works program" slogan.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration