Olkd photo - Tractor and Brass T pickup

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Olkd photo - Tractor and Brass T pickup
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 10:18 am:

Brass pickup

Here's a photo I saw posted at Facebook without any info. The T might be a 1916 since the headlight rims looks painted, but much has been altered when it was changed into a pick up truck so the headlamps may also have been changed?
I wonder if the cab is homebuilt or if it comes from an early coupe of some sort? Anyway, it's very early for a closed cab pickup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 10:24 am:

Proofread, proofread, proofread. Can't change the title now, should be OLD photo of course

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 10:54 am:

Fordson is a very early one (ladder-style radiator sides, 6-spoke rear wheels).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 10:58 am:

LOL it's ok Roger. I only noticed the title once I read your proofread comment - when I clicked on the thread I had already written the title off as a Swedish-English thing. If you hadn't said anything I doubt anyone else would notice either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 11:01 am:

The fenders and bulb horn say before 1915.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 01:56 pm:

The T is a 1913 or 1914 chassis with a much earlier coupe body adapted. It looks a lot like a Model S coupe body, which was a body that was made by an outside contractor such as Wilson or Beaudette for Ford and other chassis builders.

There's a similar body at the Henry Ford museum, I think its on a Reo or other small car from about 1906.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration