Safe from Ford Motor Plant

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Safe from Ford Motor Plant
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Costello on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 11:20 am:

I have a safe from that my Grandfather bought from the Henry Ford Motor Plant in Wilmington California when they shut it down. For Sale

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 11:24 am:

Size? Asking Price? Pics?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 12:41 pm:

Sarcasm alert:

They didn't build Model T Fords at that place, so it has no value to this group. :-)

Is it functional?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 12:48 pm:

What vintage is the safe? Pics?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 01:57 pm:

Antique safes aren't worth much regardless of where they came from. There isn't any real demand for them and few people are interested in or equipped to move a large, extremely heavy object.

There's also many of them around. I occasionally see them at estate sales and they show up on Craigslist all the time. (There are four currently listed on my local Craigslist.) The local architectural antique companies usually have a couple in stock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 09:52 pm:

Yes, I have seen many listed as free of charge as long as you move it. I went to see one once and realized it was heavy enough to kill me if I mishandled it. I turned down the offer like many before me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 12:17 pm:

About 15 years ago my wife found an ad for a free safe that was something like 4' x 4' x 6' high and asked if I could convert it into a TV cabinet for our living room...

She liked the paintings on the front...

It was a fire-proof one with about 10" thick concrete filled walls...

Thank god she would listen to reason!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 10:07 pm:

This however is a real Ford safe!
and worth a bunch if you could get it out.....

.....of this estate... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 08:18 am:

Just imagine how much money that safe once held.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration