How do I contact Ed Bittner? (Mr. True Fire)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: How do I contact Ed Bittner? (Mr. True Fire)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Gelfer, Milwaukee WI on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 10:01 pm:

Been trying since November to contact Ed Bittner by email. He doesn't respond. The phone # listed on his website is disconnected. Has anyone had any luck reaching him recently?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 11:11 pm:

I purchased a system from Ed and he always returned my phone calls. Leave a message and he will get back to you. This is not his primary job and he works long hours at his real job.

I had some tech questions and he was very good about getting back with me and helping me. I needed a part and he had his wife hand carry it down to UPS and ship it to me overnight.

Now that his system is installed in my 1912, I just love it. More than 1/2 the time all I do to start the car, turn on the switch and move the spark rod up and down and the motor starts. I like the fact that Ed included a buzzer sound when each cylinder fires so you know the plug is firing and which one.

I find the quality is top notch and fit easily into my Kingston wood coil box. It also removes easy if needed. The instructions were very well written and understandable.

I would make a simple suggestion for those of you that will be buying a system. Before you install the coil pack roll the bottom edge of the coil box contacts under. In other words, by bending the terminal inwards it will facilitate the removal of the coil pack if need be.

What we did was to take a small hex allen wrench and place is across the terminal slot horizontaly about 1/2 way down the terminal, then using a screw driver force the lower edge inward. Do this on all 8 terminals. What this accomplishes is to allow the brass plates installed on the back of the new coil pack to slide up and over the coil box terminals when you remove it. Sounds far more complicated than it really is.

I also purchased the regulator/converter for the magneto. This unit converts the a/c to d/c and regulates the voltage to 12 volts. So now my magneto charges the battery as I dive the car.

just saying,

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 11:13 pm:

Oh, try this number 203-245-4524, this is the number I used.

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 08:44 am:

John,

Have patience:

"Ed Bittner has a full time job and only does the TrueFire rebuilds in the evening. He is not always at home, but if you call in the evening, you have a good chance of catching him home."

From last year at:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/259631.html?1326461315

Sounds like his T work is "a Labor of Love".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 09:19 am:

I hear Mr. Bittner (Trufire) moved in to Royce's guest room up in Dallas. . . . . :o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 09:26 am:

Good luck. I"ve never been able to get a response from him

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration