New Top and Door Binding

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: New Top and Door Binding
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 10:14 am:

I just received a new shipment of USA made top and door binding. It is exactly like original, and is made of the same grain material as the top material. It is available from Langs and Snyders, and even uses the old style twisted Kraft paper welt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 07:26 pm:

Hi Larry,
You're speaking of Gimp, yes?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 07:44 pm:

Larry-
Tell us about kraft paper welt...

; ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 08:32 pm:

how about from Classtique?
Neat, knew here was a reason I hadn't put my interior in yet! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 09:05 pm:

Twisted paper piping cord is still available. You've seen it many times because it's still used today for paper bag handles.

Today, plastic piping cord is typically used inside upholstery binding. That is what my dad used inside the binding when he made up the trim for his 1900 Waverley.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 10:56 am:

I originally used plastic in our binding, but when I found out the twisted Kraft was still available, we switched. Our latest run is made out of the same Haartz material that the tops are made from, but is thinner, which is what they use for the binding. Classtique buys their binding from me. If you need an opinion, contact Dan Treace, who is the technical editor for the MTFCI. He has it in a car he recently restored.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 01:27 pm:

Hi Larry,
Good to hear--actually the reason my interior isn't in yet is I'm still waiting to do the body wood! BTW, I picked up a neat Perry pickup bed to replace my very distressed turtle deck! It won't require any extra holes in the body like the Ford bed will (so I can go back to a turtle deck later, if I want to).
Stay dry--really raining here now--YEEES!!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration