Clincher rim repair?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Clincher rim repair?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 01:25 pm:

What kind of epoxy should I use to get myself killed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 01:32 pm:

Such are the privileges and penalties of a free society, let your best judgement guide you in your choice. Just please don't ask me to ride along.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 01:35 pm:

There's not enough good material for the epoxy to adhere to. I'd wrap it with duct tape. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 01:40 pm:

What was said in a early post about lose spokes?? Bud in Wheeler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 02:02 pm:

Steve will that go to your keeper pile or scrap pile?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 05:07 pm:

SCRAP IT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 05:16 pm:

I scrapped some alot better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 05:34 pm:

Oh - I'd wire it down and run it. Of course, my girls don't generally exceed 7 mph.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 05:59 pm:

Why, I've repaired dozens in a lot worse condition than that. I just use a dab of Elmer's glue and wrap it with duct tape and mount the tire. I"ve never had a problem. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold R Carpenter - Fair Grove, MO on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 06:03 pm:

I would suggest that you look for a better one in Chickasha three weeks from now. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 06:11 pm:

Steve,

This is easily repaired by replacing everything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 09:29 pm:

All kidding aside, usually, only one area is that bad. Sometimes you can take a couple rims, do a little cutting and welding to get one good rim. Is it worth the time and effort? So far, I have always had enough decent rims to not need to go to the trouble. Once again, that is what "behind the shop" is for. Some day I may be glad I have a few bad ones.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 12:48 am:

Roll tubing to the rim diameter and split it, Cut out rusted areas and weld spit tube in place?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 06:41 am:

Someone from down under was recently advertising pre made beads to epoxy in place for the repair. Best I remember the price was reasonable for 4 wheels. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 03:27 pm:

Isn't there a "Special Tar" that works on anything?

Be_Zero_Be

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration