ACCESSORY OF THE DAY - 02/28/2014 - ATWATER KENT TYPE "H" IGNITION SYSTEM

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY - 02/28/2014 - ATWATER KENT TYPE "H" IGNITION SYSTEM
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 02:20 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 02:26 pm:

Here's some trade journal ads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 04:17 pm:

Thanks, Jay. This is timely, what with the K-2 disturbutor with front plate I have on tbay right now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 04:19 pm:

Say, can you tell me when your not going to be home this weekend?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 10:09 am:

Ralph, Your welcome.

For any one interested, here's a link to the Atwater Kent K-2 front plate setup Ralph currently has listed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atwater-Kent-Distributor-with-Centrif-Adv-and-Snap-Actio n-Points-Ford-Model-T-/161232441877?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash= item258a33d215&vxp=mtr

Here's another link to the instructions sheet for the K-2 front plate being offered by another seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atwater-Kent-Ignition-K2-Instructions-/310867617812?pt=U S_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item4861276814

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 10:48 am:

If this system will go 2000 miles on a dry cell how far would a modern texas t parts dist go running off a 12v car battery? I always thought couple hundred miles max.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Richardson on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 11:10 am:

The AK H and K2 Unisparker systems are NO (normally open) spark systems. The points only flick closed for a part of a second and the spark occurs there. This is as opposed to the AK CA and other more common ignition systems (Delco, etc) in which the points are closed (consuming power) and the spark occurs when they open. You need the right kind of coil for the H and K2 systems. They are like little clocks, much more complex than standard NC systems and much more expensive. However, their energy (battery) use was very miserly...thus the 2,000 mile claim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 11:21 am:

Thank you chuck, that makes sense. Cool model t accessory for sure, and when the mag got weak, good sense to upgrade. I can see why distributors continue to be popular.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 12:43 pm:

From the shape i guess they could be used for wheel chocks in a bind? Bud in Wheeler.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration