Well the 1909 in Fort Wayne Indiana is no longer on Ebay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Well the 1909 in Fort Wayne Indiana is no longer on Ebay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 02:36 pm:

I was bidding on it but the seller had the listing removed as no longer available. It would have been fun

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 07:50 pm:

It is now on Ebay for double the money- I had emailed the seller and was told it sold for $20K- a few hours later it shows up on Ebay for more moolah. Hmmmmmm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 07:50 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Roadster-Mother-In-Law-Beautiful-1909-Ford- Model-T-Roadster-Rare-Mother-In-Law-Seat-/181337512295?forcerrptr=true&hash=item 2a388ed967&item=181337512295&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 08:14 pm:

Now, it is in Algoma, Wisc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Fowler - Eagle River, Alaska on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 09:05 pm:

The title has today's (2/28/14) date. Looks like someone is hoping for a high profit flip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 09:44 pm:

Neat car, overpriced by a lot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 10:34 pm:

I'm on EBay a lot. Have never seen a picture of the title accompanying the vehicle. Unconventional to say the least.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald Bolser on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 10:57 pm:

It took me almost 6 weeks to get the title mailed to me by the IL DMV after I filed the paperwork for my '25 touring. How did somebody get a title transferred and issued in just a few hours? It was listed as being owned by someone in Indiana shows previous title in Ohio.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Fowler - Eagle River, Alaska on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 11:21 pm:

Here in Alaska I have always been able to get an Alaskan title from a new purchase (along with new license plates) in just a few minutes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 07:30 am:

does this mean I can call my brass speedster a real 1915 with a custom factory body and fenders and dupe people into buying it for lottsa money so I can then buy an authentic early model t? hmmmm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 07:39 am:

You just get a bill of sale, have it inspected by an BMV inspector, and go get the title. At least it's that easy here in Ohio. Did that three times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 12:03 am:

At least now I can say I bid on a 1909 Model T. Of course, I did not expect my $150 bid to be the high bid.

I did win a pair of Farmall M brake bands for my $13 bid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karl Gilchrist on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 07:22 pm:

I see it has the genuine 1909 options of High Head , closed valve motor and the ultra rare original generator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 09:17 pm:

If you want a really good laugh, take a look at the tail light on this thing. I hope he doesn't actually find someone dumb enough to buy this fake 1909 for that price. But what do I care--no money outta my pocket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 10:42 pm:

Rick
They make a brighter light when mounted like that, your oil doesn't last as long 10-15 min. tops.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 12:21 am:

I'm glad it has the correct 1909 horn wire tube on the steering column, and the correct 1909 non-tapered springs, and the correct 1909 gold-painted demountable Hayes rims, and especially the correct 1909 plastic-insulated wiring. I see two possible outcomes here. Either it doesn't sell, or some rich sucker takes a major financial screwing. I'm guessing the former. Rich guys don't get that way by being dumb. We'll find out by tomorrow evening. Stay tuned.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 03:41 am:

Steve, seriously? I thought mounting a kerosene light upside down and ignite the wick would turn it into a Molotov cocktail?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 08:10 am:

Free shipping anywhere. Hummmmmmmmm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cary Abate on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 08:37 am:

Not being a T expert my '10 has E & J head lamps. Which or were both correct in '09?

Cary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 11:48 am:

Good point Roger, It would make a good crowed control devise.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 06:45 pm:

Richard W,
If you want to pay me twenty-five thousand to thirty thousand too many dollars for one of my cars, I will gladly throw in free shipping to the lower forty-eight states. And maybe even dinner at a local steakhouse.
About the tail lamp? What is it with so many people? I think nearly half the oil side and tail lamps offered on ebad are photographed upside-down.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 08:05 pm:

"This listing has ended." No sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 08:11 pm:

He says, a "rare 1909 "T" with an upgraded 1919 motor". I'm wondering if the "upgrade" consists of the Texas T distributor, or the pain-in-the a$$ water pump! And I don't know what that top is supposed to fit, but on THAT car, it is really ugly!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 08:37 pm:

When I first saw it, reminded me of one of these Tomi(sp) toy cars of early Model T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 10:28 pm:

The '09 Tourabout is back:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Tourabout-1909-ford-model-t-tourabout-/1412 12412617?forcerrptr=true&hash=item20e0ea6ac9&item=141212412617&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration