OT - I know this is about brand X

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - I know this is about brand X
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 08:18 pm:

And please don't crucify me because, after all I did say this was about brand X, but does anyone have a "misguided friend" who needs a Corvair turbocharger and carb?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 08:32 pm:

It would be a perfect add-on to a T engine with a heavy duty crank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 12:07 am:

Ralph, that is what I intended to do when I bought it. I thought it would be fairly simple to block off the exhaust outlet on a vaporizer exhaust manifold and then make an adapter plate to mount the turbo to the big hole in the middle where the hot plate went. I have given up on the project and will take the turbo and carbs to Chickasha, but due to pre war rules, I'll have to keep them out of sight. I have two of the Carter model YH side draft carbs. Being for modern applications, they have a huge throttle bore; accelerator pumps and everything modern carburetors have. I think they were first used in the fifties on Hudson Hornets with the Twin H power pack. Oh, Rob, I be they could really make a Model K six cylinder, scream!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 08:10 am:

Jay Leno has several Corvairs, maybe send him a message through his web page?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration