And Yet Another "1909" Model T On Tbay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: And Yet Another "1909" Model T On Tbay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 09:43 pm:

Everybody thinks they have gold these days!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Roadster-Mother-In-Law-Beautiful-1909-Ford- Model-T-Roadster-Rare-Mother-In-Law-Seat-/181337512295?forcerrptr=true&hash=item 2a388ed967&item=181337512295&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 09:45 pm:

Whoops! I missed the other post on this. Sorry for the senior moment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 09:55 pm:

It's the same car but is being sold by someone else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 10:02 pm:

OK so did this guy buy it from the last guy, or is this the actual owner?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 10:04 pm:

The extra pics show it does have a later engine with starter and generator. Looks to be 1919-22 or so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 09:34 am:

It seems to be cursed by bad photography. I realize it's in Wisconsin, but shooting a black car against a white background doesn't do it any favors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 09:50 am:

Looks like a vacuum cleaner salesman in Wisc. is selling it this time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 10:31 am:

Look at the title- dated 2/28 so apparently the guy bought it and is flipping it immediately.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 12:20 pm:

The 1909 designation gets a lot of people excited.
I hope whoever wants to buy it will check it out closely and do some research.
It would be a fun hobby car to drive if someone wanted it for that purpose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 12:30 pm:

We're very fortunate, of the roughly 8,000 1909 Model T (Oct 1, 1908 - Aug 1, 1909) built, about 10,000 survive.

I know, old joke..............still cracks me up.

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 03:40 pm:

Hahaha...(Rob)

But...it leads me to the question - How can the VIN be 5 digits if only 8,000 1909s were built?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 03:45 pm:

Therein lies the problem........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 03:46 pm:

grin....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 04:00 pm:

Danial,

It's just creative accounting (early government mandated regulations for the auto industry).

:-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration