Volkswaffe: The Incredible Flying Automobiles of Nazi Germany

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Volkswaffe: The Incredible Flying Automobiles of Nazi Germany
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 07:43 am:

Shocking footage of a secret Nazi war program to use Volkswagens as bomber interceptors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwlbCLX7aZk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 08:08 am:

Bob, Bob, Bob :-}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 12:25 pm:

CABIN FLIVER IS SETTING IN, Bob What have you been smoking, Drinking, Eating or all of the above??????

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 12:38 pm:

"Fake or Fiction?"

Yes. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 01:12 pm:

It is fake......
One picture shows Bug with turn signals, the large version. From about 1960 to 1966 they used the small turn lights, prior to that they used the semiphores and after 1967 the larger signal lens. Also when it crashes to the ground, it shows no damage after the first bounce.
Come on guys, someone is pulling our leg.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 04:52 pm:

I cant watch utube on dial up. But if the volksbuggy in question was as sorry as that new 1975 was that my dad bought off the show room floor, I could believe it being used AS the BOMB instead of the Bomber.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kerry van Ekeren (Australia) on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 05:53 pm:

FLUBBER!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 07:27 pm:

More than once, VW has been called "Hitler's Revenge."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 08:00 pm:

Vengeance Weapon (VW) prototype. Predates the V-1 and V-2.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 09:07 pm:

Remember the secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss (Douglas Adams "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy). And that's about the only way you'd get one of those things to fly!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 09:18 pm:

My dad was a front turret gunner on a B-17 over Germany in WW II. Here is a picture that he took of a Flying Nazi Volkswagen taken over Germany in 1945.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 10:38 pm:

Are you guys insinuating that this is not true?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 02:07 am:

Herby gone postal !!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 03:30 am:

Ya know, you just have to ask yourself how a front turret gunner got a picture of a flying VW out the back of the plane...on a 17 there's no way to get to the rear gunners position from inside the plane...the elevator and rudder control rods are in the way, there are two small doors on either side of the tail for the gunner to get in and out of. He loads up before they take off and when they land he either gets out or they hose what's left of him out.

It seems to me that somebody should've taken a picture of the plane that dropped the bug.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 03:46 am:

The reason no one had seen any history of the Volkswaffe is that the USAA developed bug spray early in the war. The infestation was quickly ended.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 07:57 am:

Bob has an excuse (feverish from the operation, or over medication). For the rest of you there's no excuse......

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 10:03 am:

The Allies had not not been caught flat-footed by the appearance of these heavily-armed, flying Volkswagens and even as they were making their first appearance in the skies over occupied France, a very special automotive variant of the Spitfire fighter was already in limited production. In this very rare Kodachrome film, you can see the prototype being tested alongside its more conventional stablemate.

It wasn't long before these British automobiles were taking a heavy toll of the flying Volkswagens—and by the time the American Mustang arrived on the scene, the Volkswaffe menace had already been swept from the skies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NLxZvdwBXs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 12:21 pm:

Martin, My dad was not in the front turret at the time he took the picture. He was standing on the wing. Ha Ha Actually he was in the Navy in the Pacific in WW II.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 01:38 pm:

Are the no-sayers saying that they are doubting the word of the B-17 bomber pilot that was interviewed. Old bomber pilots never lie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 10:39 pm:

A team of Scientist and Engineers at the Mojave Space Port in the Mojave Desert in California have completed restoring a WW II Nazi Flying Volks Luftwaffe. A picture was leaked and was published in the Mojave Sun Times last Sunday. The officials at the Space Port denied any knowledge of such a craft.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 10:43 pm:

That's fake. Saguaro don't grow in Mojave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 08:14 am:

Ralph is right, to be correct for Mojave they would have to be Joshua trees.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 09:46 am:

The truth is out there: somewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 10:07 am:

Y'know, as an historical aviation enthusiast, I've always wanted to see things that I knew could never ever happen again. For instance, there'd be no way the FAA (or any sane aviation regulatory body of any nation) would allow an Me 163 Komet to fly—its T-Stoff and C-Stoff propellent would be just too dangerous. Same deal with the Bachem Natter and Focke-Wulf Triebflugel.

So, when some covert government research program actually puts one of these technological wonders in the air, it's just so very darn exciting. I have to wonder how much effort it must have taken to bring a 70-year-old Nazi secret weapon back to flying condition and for what purpose? I also have to wonder how many of these flying Volkswagens survived and how many will be restored to flying condition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 11:15 pm:

Ricks and Mark. As you can see from the picture the Saguaro Cactus were removed from the Arizona Desert and trucked to the Mojave desert where they were replanted. They wanted people to think the pictures were taken in the Sonora desert in Mexico.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 12:21 am:

If is on the internet it has to be true

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 02:20 pm:

If you look thru the other VW videos, you'll find the history of the car a 3 part video, many references to Henry Ford, Henry Ford 2 the ford motor company and the way the production line was originally set up and ONE COLOR CARS grey/blue.
20 million, Hitlers original car specification not realized until after the war.
Very interesting indeed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach & Big Bear on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 02:30 pm:

Hey, they didn't have B29's in Germany How did the 163 ME 163 Komet get to Japan ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 06:08 pm:

Actually, the Germans were sharing quite a lot of high-technology with the Japanese and they did develop a rocket-powered interceptor similar to the Me 163. In fact, if memory serves correctly, the Planes of Fame Museum, in Chino, California has one such Japanese aircraft on static display.

If anybody cares to read it, I can send to your e-mail address a pdf file with an article I wrote about the NUCLEAR arms race that did in fact take place between the USA, Germany and Japan during WWII. No kidding this time. This was for real.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration