OT - Odd Tool, What is it?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - Odd Tool, What is it?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 09:59 am:

I was given this in Hershey several years back. Yes, a free thing at Hershey! That makes it odd enough but, what is it for? I'm pretty sure it's not for a Model T, but since it was at Hershey, it may have some automotive application, or maybe not. It's marked "VL-42 A2" & "KLY". The manufacturer's logo is a "K" in a diamond.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 10:02 am:

Also, the left end of the tool is obviously meant to be struck with a hammer as it shows evidence many hammer blows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 10:12 am:

First guess is a flywheel turner

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 09:25 pm:

Jerry being an ace mechanic, I have very few tools I have not hit with a hammer. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 08:49 am:

Now that I own a Ford, I can safely tell this joke:

What's in a Ford repair kit?

A hammer
A bigger hammer
A still bigger hammer
and a can of beer... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ED Henline on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 10:39 am:

Looks like a valve spring compressor and valve guild remover ( the curved hammer piece) for Model A ford. Ed Henline

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration