Another odd spindle any ideas, low drop

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Another odd spindle any ideas, low drop
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 12:07 pm:

This is a very neat spindle, uses T nut and washer, will drop front end way down, but for what car, thanks for information, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 12:22 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/396747.html?1382632050

Looks somewhat similar to these.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 12:25 pm:

From previous post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 12:29 pm:

English maybe?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 12:45 pm:

They appear to be Overland 90 spindles. In the old days using Overland spindles in T speedsters was quite common. They give you a nice easy drop with no machine work. Overland spindles are a direct replacement for model t spindles.

In fact if you have a Overland 90 front axle it will fit right up to a T, even the perch holes line right up.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 12:51 pm:

Not Ford spindles. The english drop frame Ford spindles looks lighter, more like standard US Ford spindles.
drop frame spindles and axles
In this picture, originally posted by ┼ke Ísterdahl, you can see Ford drop frame spindles on the two axles below. The top axle is a drop frame type while the spindle is of the US 26/27 type.

I've got a similar pair of spindles as in the top post - from Chevrolet or Overland perhaps?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 12:57 pm:

i have some overland like that. the pin on top locates a hardened thrust washer, and they have a parallel drag link like later fords

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 12:58 pm:

Go here and scroll down . . .

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579644&page=2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 01:08 pm:

the chevy in the hamb post sure looks similar, but i cant see the pin like your has. my overland axle had parallel leaf springs so not a drop in fit. not sure what year it came from

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 01:37 pm:

Thanks again, guys, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 02:12 pm:

Those are Chevy spindles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 02:31 pm:

I used a set on my lowered T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 10:32 pm:

I was going to say with that number on it I would be looking for a bowtie somewhere. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 11:21 am:

Looks like a Chev spindle to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 01:01 pm:

Chevrolet - the red ones above were mine and I wound up selling on T-Bay...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 12:30 pm:

Here is something that was sent to me about these:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration