1914 Seat cushions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1914 Seat cushions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 12:53 pm:

I'm thinking about buying a really nice, 1914 Touring. It has the original leatherette seat backs and panels, but someone replaced the seat cushions with cheap looking covers. I think the original seat backs look great and wouldn't want to replace them. Is there anyone out there who sells "aged" looking seat upholstery? I could always put new leatherette covers on but I just think it will look funny with the aged, original seat backs. Any suggestions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 01:54 pm:

Bill: Our 1913 Touring had original leather but the back seat cushion had been reupholstered. It wasn't very noticeable. I would just recover it & drive it :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 05:21 pm:

Get some good leather covers installed and forget about it. If you are really intent to get them to match, you can age the leather to match in a variety of ways.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary M. Wheeler on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 06:37 pm:

Arhaus furniture company (1.866.427.4287) beautiful leather. Some samples have that great aged look. You can call for swatches and have the seat cushion upholstered by a local shop. Just a suggestion.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration