OT - A change of format won't matter.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - A change of format won't matter.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 01:55 pm:

Looking at sites where you can edit your posts, I see a lot of people put up a new post correcting their previous one instead of fixing it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 02:29 pm:

Who is not able to edit their posts here? You click on "Preview/Post Message," and proofread your post. If you need to make changes, you go back and make them in the "Revise Your Message" box and preview again. If you are done, then click "Post this Message." At least that is how I have been able to do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 02:42 pm:

Correct. But once you hit the post button, that's it. If you missed anything in proof reading, there's no correcting it after it's posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 03:26 pm:

Steve,

You just have to use "white out". :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 03:42 pm:

Te problem is, when I type it wrong, and look it at right way, I miss problem.

Then when I look at the post later, I notice my mistakes. Of course, then it's too late :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 03:54 pm:

Rob,

If none of us made any mistakes, we wouldn't have half the humor and fun. I remember a couple of grad papers I wrote in college and had "professionally typed up". I didn't have time to review the "product". I ended up with the prof commenting: "great analysis and organization -crappy spelling = B". I went to him and said that I didn't do the typing. Answer was: "nice save, you get a A-. Next time your responsible for the final result". Great prof; I always learned something from him (maybe not what I wanted).

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 04:02 pm:

PS: Find my typo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 04:15 pm:

Nice is not capitalized, and you spelled you're as your. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 04:28 pm:

Jeff - I'm sure that the method you described is EXACTLY the way the designer of this forum intended it to be done, however, I'm pretty sure that a lot of folks just don't bother with proof reading.

I try to proof read my posts (that I sometimes post twice!) but Rob Heyen is exactly right! In many cases, it it looked okay when you originally typed it, it often STILL looks okay when you proof read!

When I was still working, after typing out the more "high-profile" reports, my partner and I would have the other of us do the proof reading. That does help, for just the reason you stated Rob.

On a particularly important report that I knew would go up to top management, if my partner was not around to proof read it, I'd try to wait until at least after lunch or something like that if I had to proof read it myself. Actually, if there was time to do it, putting off the proof reading until the next day worked even better!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 11:25 pm:

I occasionally participate at 2 forums that allow unlimited editing
That is a mistake in my estimation.
If (WHEN) someone posts something really stooopid and starts getting heat it's too easy to delete the offending post and thereby ruin the entire thread. It can also lead to hit & run posting and become a webmaster's nightmare.
A 10 minute window to correct unseen errors or add additional information is great.
Some kind, ANY KIND, of indication in which threads one posted without using the lousy search function here would be wonderful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Stitt-Southern Oregon on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 01:06 am:

My brain knows what I typed, my eyes don't see it tho.'
Many forums allow editing for a limited time.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration