Thread / tap size for NH carb inlet valve

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Thread / tap size for NH carb inlet valve
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Defosse on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 07:22 pm:

Does anyone know the tap size for the NH carb inlet / float valve on 1928 T?
Thanks, Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 08:29 pm:

There was no 1928 T. Nh carb has 1/8 NPT thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 02:55 am:

The float valve on NH Holley is 1/4 inch x 32 Threads per inch. You can buy a tap from WWW.MSCDirect.com or www.mcmaster.com -- the McMaster Carr Company. Buy a plug tap as it is through holed and with retap the old threads better than a bottom tap will.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 12:13 pm:

My mistake,I thought he was asking about fuel inlet elbow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 12:53 pm:

No problem, Jack. I'll be old and senile someday, too. =)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 01:01 pm:

Another place i have found for odd size drills, taps, reamers, etc. is Drillsandcutters.com, they have a lot of stuff and are reasonable.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 01:13 pm:

Stan,I was half right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 01:38 pm:

jack, you should learn how to read

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 02:05 pm:

Clayton,the older we get ,the less perfect we become.You will see..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 02:52 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/422318.html?1392062025

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 03:57 pm:

I think Jack is right. He asked for both from what I read.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 05:01 pm:

Clayton, I believe you should be less critical.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration