Transmission for a model t 1926 ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Transmission for a model t 1926 ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john clark on Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 09:24 pm:

interested in franks c-4 transmission kit for a model t 1926 ford

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 12:22 am:

Hi John, welcome to the forum. You will find a plethora of most excellent technical information regarding a Model T to keep it performing as designed. I personally do not know what, or who, a "franks c-4 transmission kit" is for, but a Model T in 1926 came with a very reliable quick shifting 2-speed planetary transmission. I see in your profile that this is your first post. Perhaps you could elaborate as to your interest in the "c-4 transmission kit" and where you heard about it. Thx W

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Voie - Chehalis, Washington on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 01:48 am:

Hello Wayne,
The C-4 John is referring to was in a post by Frank Harris a month or so ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 12:34 pm:

I think John meant he was interested in info on franks (Harris) C-4 transmission installation. Different strokes for different folks, but as I posted the last time this subject came up on the forum, people who try to mix old time technology with modern technology, generally have more money than cents.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 12:57 am:

Hi Floyd, ya...I knew about Frank Harris' GEMSA engines for-sale on another thread that had a C-4 attached:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/418645.html?1390945119#MB

What is not clear from John, a new poster, is what his intention is by making a statement, and not asking a question. I was only interested in having a dialog with a new poster, by drawing out a little more info from John as to how we could help. If he truly is interested in franks c-4 for a model t 1926 ford, I would assume that should be a conversation with Frank or Bill Harris, but I did not want to jump to any conclusions, or try to assume his intentions. Hopefully, John will jump back on and let us all know how we can help him enjoy the hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 01:03 pm:

John
Perhaps I can help you a bit. I have made a aluminum casting that helps with the installation of automatic or a 4 speed or 5 speed to a T block. It bolts to the T block and provides a bolt pattern that allows the use of transmissions intended for use with Ford's 1.6 to 2.3 Mustang engine and possibly V6's up to 2.9. I have one with a BW T35 automatic from a '68 Cortina. This transmission works nice because it has a air cooled torque convertor (so no external cooling needed), and a cable "kick-down" which makes this easy as well. Also the neutral switch is right on the transmission. The casting accepts a VW oil pump on the back of the camshaft. I suggest a pressure oiled counterbalanced engine to get nice performance.
Manual shift transmissions of 4 and 5 speed are also kicking around with the top gear being overdrive. I have a 4 speed from a '75 Capri with overdrive 4th that works nicely. The BW T5 from a 4 cylinder Mustang but with a Jeep output assembly works well (being short for use with a transfer case makes connecting to the T torque tube easier).
Of course with any of these you need good accessory brakes and I like front brakes as well on all my T's.
Some people take "exception" to this concept. Me, well I enjoy living in a free country (Canada).

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration