Chicasha bound - need anything?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Chicasha bound - need anything?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 10:58 am:

I will be travelling to Chicasha for the swap meet and would be happy to bring anything that you might need to thus save you the shipping. I will be with Ron Patterson and Don Lang in the usual place inside. Please don't wait till the last minute to give me a heads up as to what you want me to bring. Drive careful and don't bring any snow with you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 12:05 pm:

John - I need a tophat like yours! (.....not necessarily gray,....the more common black would be fine)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 12:33 pm:

The guy that I bought mine from is directly across the aisle from me at Chicasha so all day long I stared at this hat and before the end of the show a few years back - I walked over and bought it. It is a repro so not so valuable but has held up well. I have an original Stetson derby hat from the 20's too but it is too valuable to wear in any place where it might get soiled. I love my grey top hat and it helps people find me in a crowd but also lowers my give-a-sh#@ factor. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 01:26 pm:

Anything that lowers your give-a-sh#@ factor is worthwhile!
Thanks for doing all you do for us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 01:57 pm:

I have two of those top hats (black) and at times I wear them at the local train show. Saturday is Z-scale ambassador day so the top hat looks good with the tux. Usually I just run my train layouts that are in a cigar box on that day.

Enjoy John's hat. Now if only I could paint a Model T on the side of it. Hmmmmm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 02:27 pm:

John;
Is the guy that sells hats across from u, the same people that was selling hats at Richmond in '08??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 07:04 pm:

Richard:

I was so busy running the swap meet with Ron on that day that I never actually paid much attention as to who was selling what. I see him each year at Hershey and Chicasha. He and his wife sell vintage clothing in general I think and they have lots of hats. My wife Renee is into vintage clothing bigtime and she gets model T parts "credits" for her vintage clothing collection each time I buy something from you guys for my T.

Anybody out there have a CDO? I have a 1901 and have made a limited number of ignition coils for them and was thinking of bringing a few to Chicasha if there was interest. They are early Splitdorf "Oldsmobile Formula" version. I can post a picture if someone wants to see what they are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 07:34 pm:

I bought a derby off them in Richmond '08.
My head must have swelled. It don't fit anymore. LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 09:45 pm:

John, I hope you go to the correct CHICKASHA, not to Chicasha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 08:54 am:

Willie:

That is an inside joke that somehow got started awhile ago. Every time the city was mentioned in writing it got spelled differently. It has been called Chicapee, Chicisaw, chicamonga...etc. I actually forgot the correct spelling which is truly bad since on the forum it can send some folks looking for a non existent city. Ron Patterson told me that Chicasa is NOT the end of the earth but you can see it from there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 09:33 am:

Or we could all start calling it Chickensaw, like Mack does. :-) The crux of the biscuit is that we all know what he means.

But of course in Kansas it would be called something else. Chickansas maybe..... :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration