Kelsey 23" TT rears

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Kelsey 23" TT rears
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 02:51 pm:

Can anyone provide me with all or even part of a snap ring that goes with KELSEY 23" TT rear wheels?

I need a pair of them

Thanks TOM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 05:22 pm:

Tom, Is that just a multi sided open ring thats wedged between the Kelsey felloe and solid rim? Then 6 clamps fasten it -mostly by friction- together? If so, a friend of mine just bought 3/8" or 7/16" rod and rolled it into shape and cut it to fit and it works well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 02:58 pm:

Does your ring look like the one on the right? Note the 2 tabs that point toward the hubcap and go thru the rim.
f

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 10:08 am:

Howdy Layden,
Wonder if Tom ever got the part he needed?? Thanks for trying to help anyway. My friend's Kelsey TT rear had the ring like the second from the left on your most helpful scan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 11:03 am:

Tom I have one of the second from left in Layden's picture. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 11:08 am:

The far right design is the type on my 23" TT rear wheels. I had another truck with the same design and also a loose pair of wheels the same. Some "experts" have stated there is only two types, but they are wrong. I'm betting that is what Tom needs. Must be away from his computer. Thanks for the post, Layden.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John L Williams on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 11:22 am:

Sorry to post about a non T, but I desperately need 3 Kelsey rims for my '19 Hudsaon! They are for 35x5 tires and are 25" and 4 1/2" wide demountables! I would also love to find a set of assesorie wire wheels and Hubs for my '18 Hudson. Any help would be appreciated in advance and would even pay a finders fee for any help!! Thanks John 319-573-8629

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 01:46 pm:

Tim and Tom,
Perhaps some enterprising wheel savvy guys realized that the rims from a 1922-1925 Cadillac or 1920-1927 Lincoln will go on the TT Ford truck Kelsey wheels! Probably a wrecking yard job to sell a set of used tires. Would have saved changing the tires off the Cad rims and then onto the TT rims.
The Kelsey 120 rim has a lock ring with the 2 tabs on the ends that go thru the rim toward the hubcap and are latched in place with a sheet-metal retainer, the rectangular piece in this drawing.

a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 04:44 pm:

Thanks to everyone for the info. I do not have any rings at all, I just have wheels and rims.

Keith, I sent you a PM.

Thanks again, and if you ever come across a set, let me know.

Thanks TOM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 05:21 pm:

That is very interesting , and sounds plausible. Mine takes 33x5 tires. Do you think the 32x4 1/2 size would take a tire like that? I think I have a late ford parts catalog that shows 3 styles of truck rims and clamps. I'll do some digging.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 06:04 pm:

33x5 & 32x4+1/2 tires will both fit on the same 23" rims... They are both 23" tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 10:58 pm:

That's right Adam. 2xwidth-dia. = size of rim Something you don't think about every day, but it's coming back. Thanks !

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration