Anybody else getting this bogus page?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Anybody else getting this bogus page?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 09:36 pm:

I can click the link at the top of the forum and go to the MTFCA home page with no trouble at all. But if I use the home page URL and try to go there directly without going through the forum, most browsers get me this:

Internet Explorer opens the real MTFCA home page, but Firefox, Netscape, and Safari all bring me this bogus page. Is it just me, or does this happen for anybody else trying a browser other than IE?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 09:41 pm:

super huge virus Steve, I get stuff all the time. I send all my pics to disc or email them too myself and hen scrape the computer back to default settings. If it got past anti virus then there not alot you can do

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 09:45 pm:

i usually use the "history" thing in my tool bar, and i'm on fire fox, works fine...this time any way!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 09:47 pm:

I get it too if I just type in mtfca.com

I have to type in the "www." first in order to get to the actual page.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 09:55 pm:

Same experience Derek just described.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 10:00 pm:

I just tried it too. Adding the www. worked on all browsers. Problem solved. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 10:07 pm:

Steve:

The same thing occasionally happens to me if I type mtfca.com in the browser bar. I have an Apple Macbook with an older, unsupported version of Safari. It started doing it within the past six months. Never had a problem with it in the previous five years.

As Derek posted, if it happens, just type www.mtfca.com and it will take you to the home page.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 10:58 pm:

Yeah, I get that if I go through AOL. Guess there's a gremlin in the works somewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 11:08 pm:

I only find one add on the classified website. What do you other folks see?

Thanks,

Ted

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 11:13 pm:

Ted,

I see Ad Endum. Just one ad too. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 12:40 am:

The whole list of adverts are now back

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 07:54 am:

My firefox is working fine no problems!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 08:16 am:

I get the right page whether I use mtfca.com, www.mtfca.com, or the links.

I normally use the ersatz browser Google Chrome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 09:29 am:

Just an aside Steve, not directly related to your problem.

You might want to give the browser "Pale Moon" a try. Its really Firefox and by the same people, but specifically compiled for Windows, whereas Firefox is for all platforms. Seems to work faster and more trouble free for me than any other browser.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 09:29 am:

I used to get that page, just tried it both ways, with typing the 3-W's and without, this time worked OK. But earlier I had to go to google, then got it, bookmarked it, and have been able to get it that way ever since. Crazy computers. I use firefox too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 11:04 am:

I only get one ad on the classified page also. Would love to find out how to get it back. Thanks MTFCA. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 01:18 pm:

Not yet!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 01:23 pm:

The classified page has been under assault by gremlins for a few days. Chris is working to fix it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 02:40 pm:

Bud - how long have you been using Pale Moon? Strengths? Weaknesses?

I am currently using Firefox after finally throwing up hands for the last time over Microsoft in general and IE specifically. (And don't get me started on Win 8)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 08:16 pm:

Danial

About 5 months now. Quicker than Firefox and less glitches. Accepts all Firefox plugins because it IS Firefox, just with all the superfluous stuff removed needed to run on linux and Mac OS.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration