Old Photo - Model T Era Valvoline Gas Station

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Model T Era Valvoline Gas Station
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 10:48 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 11:07 pm:

Great picture Jay,

I find it interesting to see 4 gas "Pumps". I assume 2 cars on each side could be serviced at the same time.

The picture has excellent detail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 11:19 pm:

Of the 4 pumps you can see 3 different prices. The high price stuff is $0.22 per gallon. Wow!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 09:35 am:

Sure wish I had just ONE of those pumps! No one should be allowed four at one time...not even a gas station!!! LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 10:12 am:

I think this is the same station from another pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 10:55 am:

I think it is the same photo too.
If you look at the oil bottles in the first picture at the end of the pump isle and then look it them in the second picture at the end of the pump isle the two end oil bottles are empty and are in the same position. The only difference I noticed is that the water can has been moved to the other side of the pump. Someone must have been thirsty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 01:24 pm:

I wonder where it was? I notice it has Willard batteries for sale. I had an uncle who worked for Willard in Los Angeles during the 1930's and 1940's. Later he worked at Portland Oregon for Exide. I wonder if Exide bought Willard? We don't hear the name Willard anymore.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 01:33 pm:

Norman,This is what comes to my mind when you mention Willard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 03:13 pm:

Sure looks like it was someone's house at one time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Richard Bennett on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 03:21 pm:

Do I see 3 different brands of fuel on offer? Our stations had multiple brands from different bowsers, and different prices. The last such station in South Australia as far as I know was either at Meningie or Murray bridge. Castrol oil seems to have been sold at all of them.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 03:49 pm:

the air poles on the left are not the same + the parking space on the left looks bigger in pix 2. the pumps are g&b mod # 177 .charley

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration