Iandola Head on tBay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Iandola Head on tBay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 09:25 am:

For $1,600 . . . ? Really? Just wondering how realistic that price is or not.

Here is item: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Iandola-Ford-Model-T-Finned-Aluminum-Midget-Raci ng-Cylinder-Head-/171254868496?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27 df95ea10&vxp=mtr#ht_101wt_1124

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 09:43 am:

A new Sherman head is less than half of that.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 09:48 am:

Noo, ain't no OHV head plus visibly corroded on the gasket plane, leak problems at the spark plugs suspiciously fixed with some epoxi & undetermined corrosion inside.. $160 starting price, then we could talk..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 10:18 am:

It's laughable at times what some people think their "stuff" is worth on ebay. So long as this seller is dreaming why not ask $5000 for the head and dream BIG!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 11:13 am:

Money is tight but some of the prices on ebay are not in this world. $500 with a buy it now $650 for an incomplete 26-27 rear end (2 axles, diffy/ring gear and axle housings with bolts). 199.00 for a king pin bolt set, aftermarket described as original, etc.
I looked at that head and agree with the observations. By time you would get the sealing surface cleaned up you would then have to flycut the combustion chamber and hope the was enough material to do so or have custom pistons made.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 11:27 am:

Another one that has the idea that since their stuff is old or for a classic whatever its automatically worth a million dollars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 11:45 am:

Remember P.T.BARNUM and his statement "there's a fool born every minute" I thing that covers both buyers and sellers on E-PRAY.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 12:11 pm:

"Spark plug boss holes have epoxy sleeves...."

Hmmmmm,......???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 03:48 pm:

Wow! George Carlin said "Why is it that my junk is stuff but your stuff is junk?"
My wife has discovered Pawn Stars on TV. It never ceases to amaze me how so many people so truly believe that THEIR beat up and butchered artifact is worth more than anyone else's just because it is old and there isn't another one just like it anywhere.

Most things in the world are old (a very relative term), and most of them are the only one exactly like it.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 05:58 pm:

MY STUFF IS GOLD :-) ... YOUR STUFF IS JUNK :-(.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 05:59 pm:

Seth, I have the original patterns, I tried making a casting out of them and when you bored the spark plug area out, I hit water jackets, but this was for the tapered pipe thread. I did a lot of changes to the core box to make a good head out of these patterns. The originals I would not give scrap weight for them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 06:52 pm:

Joe: I have an original unused Iandola head. It is machined on the head gasket surface and drilled and tapped for the small plugs. It was never drilled for the head bolts. Any thoughts as to why it was never finished. Would you be able to drill the head bolt holes. I would like to run it on my speedster project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 07:33 pm:

If one guy buys it the price is perfect.

If no one buys it then its not. If you start low you never get as much on ebay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 09:20 pm:

Donnie, I sliced the first one I did in four sections then split them the other way to see the issues I would have on making it out of cast iron. There was issues in the plug area and on some of the bolt holes. I thought it was a neat looking head for a speedster project down the road and that is why I made a dozen of them and do not really plan on making any more, it is just not worth the time and effort that you get out of one. I sent you an email off line.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration