Old Photo - Marie And Her Flivver

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Marie And Her Flivver
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 11:32 am:

Interesting back seat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 02:56 pm:

Converted Roadster?

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 03:47 pm:

That's what I was thinking, Bob. It looks like someone just added the rear seat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 04:30 pm:

You mean I can have a Touring car too? I wonder if the rain caused problems with the oil lamps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Scott on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 04:46 pm:

New style mother-in-law seat?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 05:51 pm:

For sure converted from a roadster. It has roadster body side panels and rear deck. Also has roadster top sockets & bows. All inclusive mother in law roadster: you take both mothers in law with you (if they get along!) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 06:11 pm:

Dennis, So would that be called a "Gaggle" in the back seat?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 02:54 am:

Looks to me like the seat fits onto the top of a pick-up bed. Might be an old buggy seat that was adapted for use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 04:23 am:

Jay,

That is known as a two driver car. The person in the front seat just holds the wheel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 12:47 pm:

Re the side lamps; I have the later ones and if I drive in the rain I put plastic bags over them to keep the water out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 01:25 pm:

Warren, you could be right about it being a buggy seat. Maybe they decided to carve up the old buggy once they found out how good the Ford was. Might have been planned in advance to beat Ford out of an extra $50.00 for a touring car. It's also possible some now struggling carriage maker was offering such seats to try and stay in business.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 01:31 pm:

Anticipating the approach of Saturday night, Marie has cunningly placed a "back seat" in her flivver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7KdrzH4WtU

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration