Old Photo - The Cannon's A Great Touch!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - The Cannon's A Great Touch!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 11:13 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 11:15 pm:

James Bond used machine guns...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, March 03, 2014 - 11:20 pm:

Probably a carbide cannon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 02:32 am:

Rear tire looks a tad soft....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 02:54 am:

Yes, the cannon is a nice touch (wonder if it makes a bigger pop than the car can?)...and it is a carbide cannon, notice the large reservoir between the wheels.

This is my favorite all terrain touring...I especially like the radiator cap...a touring capable of handling all comers, lol.

(and yes I know it's not real...but it is fun)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 04:27 am:

Early style road rage. "Move over or I fire; I've 3 to 1 gears; otta the way!".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 07:34 am:

Both of these cars are obviously high caliber vehicles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 07:45 am:

The cannon came as standard equipment on the Hannibal Eight - "Push the button, Max!"

hannibal_eight

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 09:05 pm:

Martin,
That all-terrain touring looks like it could have been Henry Ford's first prototype for a WWI tank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 09:50 pm:

Get one for you very own! Yep, they still make them.

No affiliation with the company, they're just COOL! Still have the one my Dad bought me at the fireworks stand when I was a kid (before the insurance companies' lobbyists had fun outlawed).

www.bigbangcannons.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 10:02 pm:

drift but positive comment...

Now there's a really good look at that '15 running board splash shield crease! One of the best I've seen so far...

Lots of folks think the flare is simply a bulge with a place where it starts. Real '15 shields look like someone actually bent them by accident! Has always been a tough concept to convey :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 01:47 am:

The Hannibal Eight was used in "The Great Race" driven by Jack Lemon and Peter Falk. It also can be seen in "Charge of the Model T's" (driven by Louis Nye I seem to remember).

I seem to remember seeing the above display at the Petrerson Museum in Los Angeles. The torpedo in the photo was in "The Great Race" also.

If I remember correctly it is powered by a VW air cooled engine.

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 07:42 am:

George, I agree about the crease in the '15 splash shield. It is glaringly obvious when you take a close look. If you were to ever visit the Macs Auto Parts showroom, there is a '15 Touring on display. The drivers side has the crease and flair and the passenger side has a plain, straight one due to likely replacement, making comparison easy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 07:53 am:

And just when you think you've seen it all! Might not be a bad idea really, what with all the idiots on the road these days!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration