Rayfield Carb on ebay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Rayfield Carb on ebay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 10:10 am:

Just a clarification about this listing: http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p2047675.l2565&rt=nc&ite m=251462951871

I've had two people contact me asking if this is my listing. No, it is not.

The listing shows a photo pulled from my website with a similar Rayfield mounted on a manifold and installed on a Model T engine. The carburetor being sold is a completely different model of Rayfield and, while it could probably be made to work on a Ford, the throttle shaft orientation is incorrect and it is a larger carburetor. It also appears to be in very poor condition from the photos of the carb they are actually selling.

This is NOT my listing, they do NOT have permission to use my photos and I am NOT very happy. However, there probably isn't a lot I can do about it except tell you to read that listing very carefully before you bid. Do what you want to do but don't complain to me if you buy it.

This is where the photo is on my website. http://strombergof.com/Other_Carburetors.php

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 10:19 am:

I saw that a while ago and immediately recognized your picture, but didn't think you would sell it on eBay like that. Could you maybe put a StrombergOF.com watermark on your pictures? I know it's a pain in the neck and do that to all your website pictures. However, your pictures come up very high when one searches google for images of carbs that you happen to fool with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 10:33 am:

I probably should do something like that. There was a guy awhile back who had several photos of one of my restored carbs and in the description said, "The one you are buying will look just like this when you get it restored." I actually bought it on the buy-it-now and told him not to do that any more. People never cease to amaze me.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration