Open car windshield seal

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Open car windshield seal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Prince Madras, Oregon on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 10:44 am:

I am in the process of replacing the seals on the windshield post and am wondering what you have found that works to hold the seals into the shallow channel on the posts. Thanks Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 11:02 am:

I find that if you buy the 28-9 Model A open car rubber it fits much better in the stanchion channel. On really loose channels I'd recommend contact cement. Typically the Model T Rubber is much too thick to fit the stanchions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Prince Madras, Oregon on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 10:40 am:

Thanks Mike, The problem that I am having is the seal fits to loosely. What I did was to clean everything with brake clean and silicone the seals in place, so far it looks like they will stay tight.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration