1913 Canadian RHD

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1913 Canadian RHD
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 02:36 pm:

I am putting together a rather rough 1913 RHD Canadian T. Does anyone have one, including good clear pics of the body, interior etc? I want this to be as perfect as I can get it, and if some of my parts are incorrect, I'd like to replace them. Things like the pan I believe are wrong. I suppose I should also ask if there is any real significant differences between the American and Canadian 1913 Ts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 03:19 pm:

Rob
I have a touring so perhaps I can help.
1. It will NOT be black. dark blue was popular, also dark green
2. The '13 pan is very slightly wider than the later ones (about 1/4" inside the block rails)
3. interior should be leather; black or tan
4. Of course the LH door
5. The carb throttle lever is different
6. The timer advance connection is on the underside of the timer

I am not home right now so I can't take any pictures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 03:31 pm:

Rob-
I believe the interior was imitation leather by 1913.
-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 08:58 pm:

Hi Rob, welcome to Canadian 'T's! What is you engine and body number?

1913 Canadian assembled Fords are slightly different to our US counterparts because of both LHD & RHD assembly required. Some of these major differences are a 2 front door body, horn mounted on top of the steering column, chassis rails pierced on both side for hand brake quadrant and steering box, 23" rims all round, valences (splash aprons) pierced on both sides for the acetylene hose from the generator, different patent plate just to name a few.

Common things to the US include most mechanical components, windscreens, mudguards, running boards, lights, acetylene generator, hood bows and hood, bonnet, floor mats. The sump is the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 10:39 pm:

David
UH well the front floor mat is special, being RHD. A couple of years ago some were made in Australia. I don't know if they are still available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Richard Bennett on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 12:12 am:

Bob Trevan, who posts here regularly, was having the RHD floor mats made.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 01:02 am:

Original floor mats were made printed on both sides. Only the reproductions from the US are printed on one side. As Allan mentioned above Bob Trevan makes a real nice RHD version.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Trevan - Australia on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 04:30 am:

Hi Rob, If & when your ready for a floor mat please feel free to contact me
bob @ bob trevan.com.au

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 11:41 am:

I have one of Bob's floor mats in my RHD T. They are well made! Later in the spring, I can photo linkages, etc. if you need.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod McKenzie on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 03:10 pm:

I too have one of Bob Trevan's floor mats in my '13. As Ross has said, they are well made. It looks superb in the car. Just some minor trimming to make them fit well. I would happily recommend them to RHD owners.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration