Old Photo - Official Car - Nice Accessory Hood And Radiator

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Official Car - Nice Accessory Hood And Radiator
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 10:43 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 11:18 am:

fenders, too. My guess is 1915. The bottom of the Ford radiator is visible.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 11:33 am:

For being a fairly new car even the 15 behind it has had some changes. Note the back windows in the top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 03:52 pm:

I have that hood& rad shell on the shelf, you still use the wooden shelf and hood hooks. I will use this on my 15 chain drive gas truck with all the other junk I can get on it.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 07:07 pm:

I'm not too wild about using the American flag as a top boot...seems a wee bit disrespectful somehow..."Offical Car" or not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 07:16 pm:

Martin,
I hear ya... But "back in the day" men were "patriots" and patriots are few and far between today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 12:24 am:

It's not necessarily a flag. Blue bunting with stars (and no stripes) was popular in the day. You'd see it draped along a lot of porch rails.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 03:47 am:

I'm thinking the same thing as Warren. Most likely bunting. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan Bright on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 07:36 am:

i agree; however it is important to remember that the US didnt have a flag code or a standardized way of displaying the flag until 1942. Keep in mind this was right after Dec. 7th so everyone was patriotic. Even if this is a real flag, im sure this fella wasnt trying to be disrespectful.

Id also like to say how its a shame proper flag treatment is not taught today in schools... or at least when i was in which wasn't very long ago (im only 23)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan Bright on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 07:36 am:

p.s. im a patriot :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By stuart clipson on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 07:46 am:

the steel wheeled wagon in tow had to make for a bumpy ride

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 08:04 pm:

Charley Shaver, Does your radiator shell have the badge on it like in the photo? if so what does it say?

This appears to be the same accessory that was used on the Robin's motor home. (see Feb 20 2.?? pm 2014 forum posting)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 10:40 pm:

peter! I do not have the or rad shell. I have another oddball shell. but my hood is the same. the ones in the pixs are the same. charley

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration