E-Timer Patent Issued; US 8,662,058

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: E-Timer Patent Issued; US 8,662,058
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 08:39 pm:

Folks interested in learning all about the inner workings of the E-Timer may can download a copy of the patent at: www.modeltetimer.com

This was the last major goal I set for the challenging project and very proud to have earned it. Thanks to all those in the hobby who encouraged it, supported it and continue to enjoy using it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 08:43 pm:

Congratulations, Mike! Is this your first.

When was the last time an item was patented strictly for use on a Model T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 08:58 pm:

Wow, that's a good question. I'd like to think there are other crazy people like me in the world patenting something specifically for the Model T :-)

This was by 10th patent and one of the more challenging ones to prosecute through the patent process.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 09:32 pm:

Congratulations. I know how proud I was when my first patent was issued. Keep up the good work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Seager on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 10:08 pm:

Does that mean we will see some new production then!!!!!Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 10:58 pm:

The waiting list has grown steadily but not quite to the point of justifying another production run at this time. Thanks for the inquiry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 02:54 am:

Congratulations Mike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 07:40 am:

Great news to top off a Bigger accomplishment !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 11:47 am:

Congrats to you Mike! You're amazing.

Also, Thanks again for developing this truly unique item for our T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 02:52 pm:

Congratulations Mike. Still love my E timer on my Fordor. I have a 3 day tour this weekend so will take the opportunity to do some more testing with the ECCT on other members cars. Lots of hill climbing this weekend so a good chance to do some before and after comparisons. Also the first run for me in the 1916 Touring my Dad restored 40years ago. We are touring in the area where I rode in the cars as a child passenger. It will be my pleasure to drive this time with my Dad and son in the passenger seat. I am thinking that it will run just a bit better than it did when Dad last drove it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernie Spittler on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 05:19 pm:

Good job Mike. Hope to see you this Summer.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration