Rear Bumper

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Rear Bumper
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gregory B. Gregson on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 05:03 pm:

My late father collected these bumpers many years ago. I was curious if they were an aftermarket item for a 1926-27 Model TPumper1Bumper2Bumper3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 05:16 pm:

I don't know if they'd fit a T, but it came from the factory without bumpers. All the bumpers you see on T's are either aftermarket or from other cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 05:17 pm:

I would say they are off of a model A

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 05:24 pm:

They are not Model A Rear Bumper's. Ford offered Bumper's late in production. Regards, John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 05:26 pm:

not model a. something with a frame longer than the body, maybe for fuel tank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Pitts on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 06:17 pm:

Model T bumperettes don't have a bolt through the ends either. They are open ended like the front bumper.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 06:46 pm:

'30-early '31 Chevrolet with rear mounted spare. Late '31-'32 had a one-piece face bar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 07:29 pm:

not chevy either, i think they had horizontal grooves on the face. brand x i'm guessing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 12:40 am:

Clayton,

The last year for horizontal grooved bumper bars was '29.

I used to own a '31 Chevy 3 window coupe with a rear mounted spare.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 10:27 am:

its a bad day if you dont learn any thing new! thanks mike

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration