26 coupe body Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 26 coupe body Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 08:26 pm:

When connecting the rear crossmember to the body, do I install bolts to outside and nuts in the inside of trunk or..,to be correct

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 08:28 pm:

Bolts went down. Nuts on outside,plus cotter pin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 08:32 pm:

Thank you Jack

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike peterson on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 12:13 am:

of all the coupes I have pulled apart, I have never seen a cotter pin in the rear cross member bolts or a place for one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike peterson on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 12:14 am:

actually never seen them in any of the body mount bolts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 12:15 am:

The earlier cars had them. Maybe the dropped it.Was there a lock washer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 10:03 am:

Lorenzo, don't forget the wood blocks that fit up in the sub-frame that the body bolts go through, also there are small screw holes in the sub-frame in the trunk that are used to screw the wood blocks to the sub-frame. I used Nylock nuts on my 26.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 12:05 pm:

Lorenzo Leon:

Forget the cotter pins use all metal lock nuts, it is a much EASIER AND FASTER

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike peterson on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 01:50 pm:

Jack, yes lock washers, front and rear had hex head bolts, different size wrenches for head and nut, the center set of bolts were round head

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration