1912 Torpedo, WOW !!!!!!!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1912 Torpedo, WOW !!!!!!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 10:26 pm:

If you would have asked me 6 weeks ago if I would ever own another model t I would have bet the farm that it would never happen.

Today I added yet another model t to my eclectic collection of cars. A 1912 Torpedo. So in the last 6 weeks I have purchased a barn fresh 1912 touring and now this incredible 1912 Torpedo.

The Torpedo was restored in the 60's and was toured off and on for a number of years including a driving tour from Portland into Mexico and return. The gentleman I purchased it from bought the car in the late 80's and it had not seen the light of day since.

Today we added a battery and gas and it fired up sounded great. We loaded it up and hauled it home. Tomorrow we will check it over change the oil and add water and go for a ride. Negotiations took about 5 minutes and it was mine.

Oh yes, included in the package,4 new fenders a new hood 4 new wheels and 4 new tires, plus a restored front end with new old stock DB front axle, and restored small drum Ruxtel. All brass has been expertly restored and show quality. Not bad for a days work..

Ya' never know where they are and when they will become available. I have been collecting cars for 55 years and it never ceases to amaze me.

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 04:54 am:

Congratulations! I think. (Only kidding) The torpedos are among my top favorite model TS.
Drive carefully, and do enjoy it! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 05:37 am:

Sounds like a great find. If possible, pics please....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 06:48 am:

How come we never see any pictures from the "brass car guy"?????? Not even a profile picture, and a MTFCI number of 123456????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 07:32 am:

Doesn't have an eclectic enough camera to take pics of the eclectic collection :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 08:56 am:

I will have my wife post Torpedo pictures this weekend. The truth is I'm an old guy and have no idea how this eeeelectronic world works, nor to I care to learn. I'm in the brass car era and that precludes posting photos, texting, selfies and sadly, "sexting", what ever that is.

The little woman is the expert and I'm sure she can figure out this photo stuff. As far as the "barn fresh" 1912, is concerned, I'm not quite ready to show it, give me a couple of weeks and it will appear here first.

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 04:27 pm:

Just please realize I used a "smiley" at the end :-) Look forward to the Torpedo pics when you're able.

Regarding "sexting", I wouldn't have enough time. I don't use "text talk" on forums or elsewhere. I take time to spell out the words, use capitalization and punctuation :-)

I will add as a foot note that we no longer own any antiques cars since we moved to Ecuador. So we live by pictures that other people post :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 06:06 pm:

gary, why did you not bring one with you ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 06:21 pm:

Clayton, we researched a year before we moved here. A hard pill to swallow was the vehicular restrictions. Age limits and displacement is cut and dry. Upside is one car went to our son in law and another went to our oldest grandson (13) as his first car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 07:29 pm:

Gary (and others) -- FYI, if you'll leave the hyphen out of your :-) the forum software will convert it to a real smiley face. :-)

Not being critical, but folks often ask about how to make a smiley face here. This seemed like a good opportunity to give an explanation.

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 08:49 pm:

gary, you mean there are no old cars there? and a model t motor is too big for import? please tell us of the law. there must be some old junk around!! i once found a 33-34ish victoria body in an old wooden shed in mexico. just the body, and pretty stripped so i could not guess what it was except for approx date and body style. and only once a real junk yard, not much old stuff though. most times you see a bunch of cars it is a police impound yard with a guard, and most cars look like they have been there for decades, like you never get it back. sorry, drifting a bit here

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 09:17 pm:

There's a wide range of old car situations in countries to our south. The Model T is scarce in Mexico, but there are enough to have a club. I would guess that Argentina, which had its own Ford plant, probably has the most T's. We know Brazil has at least one, because Ricardo asks questions here about his car. The odd restrictions in Ecuador demonstrate that we have no monopoly on crazy laws.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 10:27 pm:

well put steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 06:31 am:

There are old cars here with the oldest I've seen in the early 50's. If it wasn't already in the country, nothing older than the last model year and bigger than 3 liters displacement. If you are an Ecuadorian, you can import practically anything but pay a heavy impuesto verde or "green tax" on anything over 3.2 liters

Thanks Mike W :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 07:16 am:

Thanks Mike :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT J STEINER on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 07:52 am:

Does the Brass Car Guy have a name?

I say its a little far fetch... 2 cars in a matter of weeks also included in the last purchase

Oh yes, included in the package,4 new fenders a new hood 4 new wheels and 4 new tires, plus a restored front end with new old stock DB front axle, and restored small drum Ruxtel. All brass has been expertly restored and show quality. Not bad for a days work..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 08:02 am:

BCG said he will post pics this weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing the car, and will certainly give him the benefit of the doubt.

Besides, there are guys on this forum who post their name and give bogus information, so who cares if an anonymous poster does the same on occasion.

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 02:36 pm:

Mike,
There is a whole list of clipart that the software does not just the insipid smileyface. There is a whole list of insipid inclusions. To get the dumb character I've listed in the left colum, just type what I have placed in the right column below:
\clipart{angry}
\clipart{biggarin}
\clipart{blush}
\clipart{crazy}
\clipart{happy}
\clipart{kiss}
\clipart{lame}
\clipart{lol}
\clipart{new}
\clipart{proud}
\clipart{rofl}
\clipart{sad}
\clipart{smile}
\clipart{talker}
\clipart{triangle_down}
\clipart{triangle_right}
\clipart{uhoh}
\clipart{wink}
\clipart{yawn}

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 03:06 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 03:32 pm:

Still looking for a good sarcasm clipart, but the pic below isn't bad, it sure wouldn't be mistaken for something else:

sarcasm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 03:47 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 07:21 pm:

Terry -- Thanks for that. I had no idea! I knew about only the happy and sad faces, which you can do with the colon and parentheses. :-) :-(

But there's no telling what our NEW forum will do! :-) :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 08:40 pm:

It's seldom you get to see the words "happy face" and "colon" in the same sentence.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 09:17 am:

OMG Mike!! How true!!!! Just brought back memories of a colonoscopy a few years ago!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 10:36 am:

Not true. I once had a happy face when I was down in Colon, Panama, courtesy of Uncle Sam, but that is another story.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 11:43 am:

Can you say, "Thread drift"? :-) :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 11:57 am:

Anyway - back to those pictures promised by BCG???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 12:06 pm:

There are other faces besides :-) that can be made with punctuation. I've seen a list showing a lot of them, but the only ones I remember are :-) ;) :-( :D. As you can see by my examples, they don't all work on this software, and for those you have to type out the complete entry from the list Terry posted.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration