Clever Coil Box

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Clever Coil Box
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 05:46 am:

I found this on ebay this am and thought it a clever idea, not period correct but non the less a neat idea. Put a small motor cycle battery in the fifth hole for starting and let the mag take over for running. Keeps the wiring to a minimum. I am not connected to this auction in any way.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Coil-Box-/201048025845?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ecf656af5&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 08:17 am:

Thats interesting, I would put the original switch back on the front and really confuse everybody.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 09:03 am:

That is clever. Those coils look nice and snug in the box. I'd drill holes in the bottom of the box towards the front so you could use your finger to push each coil straight up until it can be easily grabbed - since it's already a nice custom box and all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 11:04 am:

Who ever made the box did a real nice job. I would have used a correct switch but you use what you have sometimes. I wonder what the brass plate says. The first photo in the ad shows the back and when I first saw it wondered what it was about, so I looked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 12:29 pm:

I think the cut out on the back is for a black plate, standard switch and ammeter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 03:15 pm:

Wes
I think you're correct,from the shape and mounting hole locations its a 26-27 oval one.
I don't think that we always have to be correct, just having fun.

Bob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration