OT - Hauling noe from Ohio to New Jersey then Rhode Island then Illinois w/ room for parts in enclosed trailer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - Hauling noe from Ohio to New Jersey then Rhode Island then Illinois w/ room for parts in enclosed trailer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 09:09 am:

March 10th

Limited room for parts hauling in my enclosed trailer

My routes are always determined by vehicle transport

Your pick up and drop off locations must be along my route

I have posted maps of my route below - please click on the links and study my route before you call me

I am driving from Columbia Station, OH to Monroe, MI and then to Medford, NJ

My Route Here @ https://goo.gl/maps/ieEhq

From Medford, NJ I head to Joppa, MD and continue to Smithfield, RI

My Route Here @ https://goo.gl/maps/d9Teu

From Smithfield, RI I head to Sea Girt, NJ and then to Oak Brook, IL

My Route Here @ https://goo.gl/maps/kBlDZ

Call me to see how much room I have ...

No text messages ...

Thanks !

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 09:22 am:

So I'm not the only one who won't text.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 01:43 pm:

No Steve, you're certainly not! Dumbest thing I ever heard of! Imagine if Alexander Graham Bell had invented the texting equipment and procedure, and it was in use for a hundred-plus years, and then, somebody invented this thing that you could hold up to your ear and talk into it, and a person hundreds, or even thousands of miles away could actually hear your voice by using a similar device, and could actually talk into his or her device and two people could actually carry on a normal conversation! WOW! Sure better than the dumb thing where you had to type out every word, letter-by-letter with your thumbs, right! Gimmie a break,......"kid stuff" as far as I'm concerned,.......but that's just me,......"grumpy ol' harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 02:48 pm:

Steve,

I just believe it is rude to initiate a business
communication with a text ....

If someone can't pick up the phone and call me,
then they are too busy to have me do business with them ... :-)

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 02:55 pm:

Everybody sees it their own way but I occasionally get a text that says, "When you have time, please call me regarding a question I have about the carburetor on my xxxxxx" or something like that. I find it courteous that they do not expect me to drop whatever I am doing to provide free information and give me the option call them when I have a moment. Some people will call and assume I have nothing to do but walk them through adjusting a carburetor or help them do a repair.

As I said, everybody sees it their own way. This is the way I see it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 07:30 pm:

The nice thing about texting is you can send a relatively unobtrusive msg. to someone without particularly interrupting something that they're into that otherwise would not want the intrusion. Then they can respond anyway they want, anytime they want, and if they want. It has it's good points. Trouble is, today's youth and the Millenials are over-using it. In 20 years when a kid is born a cell-phone will be part of the "going home package" from the hospital.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 08:03 pm:

Told our girls - No text - won't read it - leave a message on my voice mail if I don't answer - I most likely have my hands full.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 09:25 pm:

I had mine shut off when I started receiving religious messages I had to pay for. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 09:38 pm:

Jim,

You allowed to say what you are hauling to Medford NJ? That's plumb near way too close for me to not wonder..........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 09:41 pm:

George,

1968 Pontiac GTO

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 09:52 pm:

Nice.....thanks.

BTW...if anything falls off, don't worry about it at all. You can sweep out your trailer just before getting on Exit 4 of the NJ Turnpike at that hotel at the entrance as I think loose parts just may fit on a '71 Espirit 400. Haha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 09:56 pm:

For years my wife refused to have text on her phone but once she got it she found that it was a great way to communicate with my daughter, son, granddaughter, me, and some friends. It is easy and quick. And you don't have to immediately answer the phone or press a bunch of buttons to get a voicemail that says I'll call you later

I find that texting saves tons of time and increases communication Especially with my family and friends
I personally would never turn away an opportunity to communicate with my family - especially my granddaughter
That doesn't mean voice is not important but it certainly helps to get a quick message saying " I'll be a few minutes late" or "Please pick up a bottle of red wine - because Seve Jelf is coming to dinner"
And a quick "I love you" - "I love you more" - "I love you most" - "I love you infinity" exchange at bed time makes sleep better :-)

In the 60's I did a lot of traveling to Europe and I would call home once a week to find out if there were any problems etc. Now I travel to China - because of the internet and texting I get family updates a few times or more each day.

I agree that detailed texts from unknown people is wrong but asking to make an appointment to talk is courteous -

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 05:52 am:

I am leaving Monroe, Michigan on Sunday afternoon .... :-)

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 07:54 am:

This trip has changed due to Bad Weather ....

BAD WEATHER - SHAME ON YOU .... :-(

Jim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration